There is no reason you need to be writing code that doesn't work on windows 7

There is no reason you need to be writing code that doesn't work on windows 7.

Attached: file.png (223x226, 26.55K)

Too damn bad rubber ducky.

Attached: 1655105137021.png (396x27, 1.57K)

Name a capability of windows 10 required to write any program

I can think of quite a list, but it doesn't matter - my program in doesn't actually need any Windows 10 features. I just make some API calls that only exist on 1607 and later because you shouldn't be using an 12 year old, dead, unsupported OS.

Attached: 0d6.jpg (472x470, 89.84K)

>API calls
oh you're lazy

Yep. Most of you run 7 because you're poor, stupid and/or underage - not exactly "people" that I have to heavily protect against.

Exceptionally based and redpilled.

Attached: 1405101451185.jpg (400x309, 16.01K)

I run windows 7 because I value my time and don't want to spend 6000 hours fixing it
same reason I don't use linux

>workarounds to install that don't work half the time (slipstreaming nvme/usb3 drivers) because I value my time and don't want to spend hours fixing it
>workarounds to boot that don't work half the time (nuking boot files that need int10h) because I value my time and don't want to spend hours fixing it
>workarounds to install drivers that don't work half the time (patched testmode drivers) because I value my time and don't want to spend hours fixing it
>workarounds to install updates that don't work half the time (bypassesu) because I value my time and don't want to spend hours fixing it
>workarounds to run recent programs that don't work half the time (hacking installers/exes) because I value my time and don't want to spend hours fixing it
Holy mother of baby duck cope, Batman.

Nah I just don't use those programs
problem solved

>create a thread exclusively to whine that programs don't support your dead os
>er-um... no, i just don't use those programs
Holy mother of FTL backpeddling Batman.

Attached: 1604714311261.jpg (1111x597, 81.92K)

Attached: b8f.png (600x692, 441.2K)

It's a troubling trend
sooner or later a program I actually DO use will stop working
sharing my thoughts on Any Forums is the only way to prevent this

tell me you're a fucking retarded poor underage unemployed europoor idiot without tell me you're a fucking retarded poor underage unemployed europoor idiot

Explain why I, as a programmer, should support your dead OS when not even Microsoft supports it?
Why should I dedicate 20GB+ to a Windows 7 VM to test my code against it?
Further, since I'm a far easier target than Microsoft, Any Forumstards are lazy and stupid, and 7 rubberducks doubly so, what guarantees do I have that when shit breaks (and it WILL break on a dead OS with 20 CVEs and counting that are WONTFIX), that you won't blame me for it?
Fuck that noise. Instead, I'll import something 1607-or-later from kernel32.dll, and write four lines of code to vomit "This program requires Windows 10 or later". If you can "fix" it, more power to you - but I've already inconvenienced you way, way more than I'll ever let your kind inconvenience me.

Attached: 1596911457852.jpg (1100x787, 100.48K)

I tried using windows 10 once and it was nightmare
I spent so much time downloading updates and all the stock programs sucked
literally have to fix everything in the OS I just gave up

you should use windows 7 dumbass

Why do trans people get so unreasonably angry over someone else using a non-trans-friendly OS?

>I tried using windows 10 once and it was nightmare
you sound like someone who is either underage or super old. why was it a nightmare? windows is so simple to use, you have to be braindead to not be able to use it. i bet you were doing something retarded as usual, typical or Any Forums idiots on here, not knowing how to do anything right
>I spent so much time downloading updates
if you have hardware from this century updates take like 2 minutes, i bet you're from europe, am i right?
>and all the stock programs sucked
why the fuck would you ever use stock programs, more proof you're an idiot. what program were you using? would love to hear for a laugh
>literally have to fix everything in the OS I just gave up
you didn't fix shit, you don't know how to fix anything. there's not even anything to fix KEK

the code I write only works on POSIX

you should use linux dumbass

you have to fix everything that microsoft fucked up in literally anything modern that they make
removing windows defender (you can't when booted into windows, u gotta remove it from an external linux ramdisk os that speaks ntfs), turning off bing search in the search, removing the tile adware from the start menu etc.
u pretty much have to do none of this with windows 7 and tons of driver archives exist that work just fine.
just face it bro, windows 7 works for many people and they don't want even more globohomo up in their business
cygwin toolchain
why do you not have 20gb of space to account for a userbase larger than windows 8

I don't write code that works on Windows.

does not compile with cygwin, never will because I designed it not to.

You have it back to front, rubber ducky. You have to sell to me why I bother with your dead OS.