Jetpack Compose Multiplatform (for desktop)

Did anyone here try this shit for desktop? Does it work well? I wanted to make a desktop app in Flutter and there are too many things i can't do in it. I heard Compose is based on Swing (which it extends). Any feedback about that?

Attached: light.png (1600x800, 46.73K)

Can this shit be used for large/complex apps or is it too bloated?

Oh and. Is it really multiplatform? Can i write one code that is translate to the native APIs of each and every desktop OS?

Bump for interest

Jetpack Compose will not be ready for production for any platform for a few more years, and by that point Google will probably have abandoned it

Fuck... Flutter though production ready hasn't yet implemented some core essential features like native support for multiple windows on a single process in desktop shells. Seems like i will have to use Sciter and write everything myself with no packages.

I gave up on retained mode gui frameworks.

What's a retained mode gui framework?

bumpin' again

'

Javascript is best for all apps, web apps, desktop apps, mobile apps
Even corporations like Microsoft adopted it

Would agree with you if it didn't come with an embedded browser user. The ram consumption is too much and it isn't good for multiwindow apps since each new window starts a new process and a new instance of the electron engine.

Most companies who use Electron write heavily optimised raw JS code with ffi pure C code. They don't install React along with two dozen modules. And despite that you still feel the hit in performance.

no one cares, stop being poor

stop being retarded, most don't, that is like VS Code and nothing else

JS is actually inferior to the Flutter way of building UIs.

It's dead on arrival. Last I checked it wasn't HIDPI aware on Linux. Instantly binned.

no one cares chud, Electron won deal with it

>stop being retarded, most don't, that is like VS Code and nothing else
All of them do except the most bloated unusable ones like Slack. Discord, Obsidian, etc...

>no one cares, stop being poor
You feel the performance hit even on modern hardware retard.

>Discord, Obsidian, etc...
Actually Obsidian does not use React

>You feel the performance hit even on modern hardware retard.
I don't. Every Electron app I use works great

I have an I7 processor and 8gb or Ram and i am on Linux which is faster and less bloated than Windows. And yet i still experience latencies when it comes to working with the most uberoptimised Electron app (VSCode).

Besides, these are relatively lightweight applications. B2B enterprise applications are heavier than that. Most applications that aren't based on very basic CRUD can't run on Electron.