DUDE! install a custom OS for FREEDOM! It's open source too!

>DUDE! install a custom OS for FREEDOM! It's open source too!

>doesn't even have root, literally cucked by the OS
nobody actually fell for this meme, right?

Attached: grapheneos-bootscreen-1080.jpg (1080x810, 138.7K)

>andjeet
lol

>doesn't even have root
what

das rite
/e/ OS, LineageOS, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS etc don't even give you root access

What do you need root on a modern Android device?

>muh root access
stop trying to rice everything

Have ya heard about magisk?

Not to be 'that guy' but why do you need root?
Besides, you can always use a secondary phone for your root necessities.

>Why would you want to do X??
classic cope response

GrapheneOS is developed by a schizophrenic security autist, of course it doesn't give you root by default.

Nothing is stopping you from getting root with these roms if you want (well, GrapheneOS might make it difficult, I dunno), it's just that it's much less common and useful to do nowadays and it's a security risk to enable it, so most roms aren't going to do it by default.

security focused distros

Do you have any actual reason or do you want root just because?

realistically, unrestricted root is BAD, and instead of that rom should just give the interface for accessing shit with api calls instead of full blown root

That's good approach although that api and any api related to it, will be a big target for exploits and 0 days.

It could be literally fucking anything.
What if I want to edit a config file for some application that you normally wouldn't be able to access, or edit a save file for a game.
Google authenticator, for example, doesn't let you export codes so you need root, or some other weird workaround.
I'm not sure why I would need to explain having complete control over your OS is a good thing on this board...

I asked because I wanted to give you rootless alternatives to whatever you wanted to do. And as said, root isn't that useful nowadays, so I was sincerely intrigued in why you needed it.

I will admit, half of the reasons I see for people wanting root is to just remove the factory installed bloatware, which is an issue you're already past if you're installing a custom OS.

LineageOS provide a recovery flashable zip to enable root.

Just use sudo.

Why would you lie on the Internet user?
I'm using /e/ ROM and my phone is rooted. It doesn't come rooted out of the box, that would be retarded, but you just have to flash Magisk and done.

Attached: 1630430886612.jpg (901x689, 101.24K)

to install
dnscrypt
iptables
netfliter
to name a few examples
custom roms is massive meme, you just need root

> It doesn't come rooted
> I used a 3rd party program to do some hacky shit
hmm...

doesn't work at all with GrapheneOS due to security autism anyway

Ad blockers basically.

Attached: 1632134221567.png (720x753, 208.81K)

all anyone really needs is a DNS adblocker ;-)

>I installed a hacky autist ROM but I won't install a hacky third party program which is way more useful
What's your point user?
Root by default doesn't make sense. Besides being a security risk, some apps won't work on a rooted phone.

>DNS server down
>no Internet
or
>open YouTube
>shit's full of ads anyway

Yes. I have a clear net profile with no ad-ons. Didn't even realize I didn't have ublock. Pihole is godsend. Not send my dns requests to Cypriots though. They are subhuman subservient. Only marginally better than pajeets.