Is this correct?

Is this correct?

Attached: mpv-shot0011.jpg (1920x1080, 109.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2575988/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

???
no

thank you

>vim yaonet_key
An ssh key is a huge string of numbers and letters, this sort of implies that they typed it out and edited it themselves.
This is the one line I would take issue with.
>chmod 600 yaonet_key
This hides the key from other users on the system.
Borderline psychotic that he types 600 instead of a=,u+rw but I guess some people prefer that.
>ssh -i yaonet_key root@thatIP
This logs them into a remote terminal using that key on the computer at that IP as the root user.
>ls
>ls /
It's odd that the home directory is empty, and I'm not sure if it just hasn't printed yet, but if it hasn't / being empty is wrong.

Overall reasonable. I've done stuff like this before.

wow ur such a hacker!

He actually types the whole ssh key character by character in the scene.

>600 instead of a=,u+rw
shorter
i also write it like that, the longer way is for troglodytes who can't do bin2dec in their head or don't remember the mask

That would take like a minute at least. That bit is kind of ridiculous, but I guess if you can't do it any other way then you can't do it any other way.
But it should take like a solid minute of non-stop typing to do.

I'm not trying to boast about it, just trying to be helpful and explain OP's pic.

I guess if you are chmoding a shit ton of files at the command line it would be worth it, but I don't tend to change file permissions very often beyond +x.

what film/series is this?

>Borderline psychotic that he types 600 instead of a=,u+rw
you must be actually retarded. count the characters

inb4
>but muh octal is complicated
actual retard.

Silicon Valley

imdb.com/title/tt2575988/

>passive aggressive reply

Attached: literally reddit.jpg (500x500, 56.48K)

>Borderline psychotic that he types 600 instead of a=,u+rw
I just remember a few common permission numbers like 777, 750,, 644, 600, 444

>I don't tend to change file permissions very often beyond +x
neither do i, but knowing what umask is, whenever i do, it's always just 3 characters

chmod octal file – change the permissions of file
to octal, which can be found separately for user,
group, and world by adding:
● 4 – read (r)
● 2 – write (w)
● 1 – execute (x)
add these values for permissions you want to set, the sums arrayed left to right for user,group, and others, in that order.

Data file in a shared directory, everyone is able to modify: a+rw-x 0666 -rw-rw-rw-
Data file which anyone can read, but only owner can modify: a+r,u+w,go-wx 0644 -rw-r--r--
Data file which anyone can read, which shouldn't get changed: a+r-wx 0444 -r--r--r--
Confidential data: u+rw-x,go-rwx 0600 -rw-------
Confidential data that shouldn't get modified: u+r-wx,go-rwx 0400 -r--------
Executable program which everyone can use: a+rx,u+w,go-w 0755 -rwxr-xr-x
Secret program: u+rwx,go-rwx 0700 -rwx------

info "(coreutils)Mode Structure" # More details
stat -c '%A %a %n' /* # List files/folders in current directory by symbolic and octal chmod mode, and filename.

> An ssh key is a huge string of numbers and letters, this sort of implies that they typed it out and edited it themselves.
This is the one line I would take issue with.

Literally the exact shot before this is them creating the full key elsewhere to ref as yaonetkey you braindeadlet. Who would type the full key into the terminal anyways?

Attached: 1657240648897.jpg (2560x1440, 632.09K)

>An ssh key is a huge string of numbers and letters, this sort of implies that they typed it out and edited it themselves
idk i'd say its actually pretty realistic
in the show i think they got the key from someone else and he is probably just taking a quick look at it to make sure its a regular ssh key format and not something else

>vim yaonet_key
It didn't occur to you that he may have opened the file to yank the key in perhaps from the clipboard. Are you autistic?

>Borderline psychotic that he types 600
it's faster than what you would type

>vim yaonet_key
He probably copypasted the key text from elsewhere. Seems very plausible.
>chmod 600 yaonet_key
This is completely fine and necessary for OpenSSH to accept the key.
>ssh -i yaonet_key root@thatIP
The command itself is fine, HOWEVER: SSH asks for a password at login. This means that the key was wrong. If the person already knows the password, setting up the key was completely useless.
>ls
It's fine for this to list nothing, especially for the root account since root's home directory is often empty, except for some dotfiles, which aren't shown by ls by default.
>ls /
This command has not been executed yet, note the lack of a prompt below it.

The commands themselves are all reasonable, the SSH key vs. password thing isn't.

>this sort of implies that they typed it out and edited it themselves
I reviewed the scene and in fact they do exactly that. They lose the key because one of them sperged out, but another autist somehow managed to remember the entire key sequence, so he recites it as yet another guy types it into vim.

>Literally the exact shot before this is them creating the full key elsewhere to ref as yaonetkey you braindeadlet.
>in the show i think they got the key from someone else and he is probably just taking a quick look at it to make sure its a regular ssh key format and not something else
Sorry, haven't watched the show so I only have the image to go off.

>It didn't occur to you that he may have opened the file to yank the key in perhaps from the clipboard
No, I don't usually have private ssh keys in my clipboard. It's usually faster to just copy the file than to copy its contents.
I don't think I've every opened a private ssh key in an editor before, that's why it seemed odd to me that he would do it. It's also kind of insecure since editors can create backups with the file contents in other locations.
Also, get rekt fuckr, I was right (see ).

yeah and it actually made sense because they used a shorter ed25519 key

whoever did technical consulting for the series did an amazing job