So im going to a uni (software engineering) but what should i learn in two summer months to know at least some...

so im going to a uni (software engineering) but what should i learn in two summer months to know at least some fundamentals??

i asked some anons and they told me that i should learn C because it will help me with understanding programming and in my country a lot of projects and other uni shit should be written in C
I only tried learning webshit a couple of times so i know some really BASIC stuff

So, is C really the best choice for me to learn in 2 months to prepare for a uni? are there any good video courses that i can buy on torrent?

Attached: 1657380944166.png (269x406, 91.62K)

yes

>

Attached: 1657381086486.png (256x256, 25.14K)

C is good to front load.
A lot of computer science programs use the classes involving C as their weed-out class. So staying ahead of the curve there is a good idea

Most universities instruct introductory courses in C and C++

Pick up the C++ textbook by DS Malik for a head start but I wouldn't worry to much about getting ahead, they'll teach you all that shit in school

why c++? its really hard for a noob

ok thanks

just get a random course with vscode and that's all

Attached: 1657381483377.png (900x468, 603.09K)

It's not as hard as you probably think it is and that's just what they teach

C/C++ is the Latin of computer languages. They're so influential that other languages end up copying them, so if you learn C/C++ then picking up other languages will be easy

For example, programming in Java is just C with extra steps

Nigga everyone should know C

Also the most important concepts for beginners are scope and ownership, repetition and control, and the stack vs the heap. IIRC any good textbook for any language worth their salt introduces these concepts fairly early

fuck that, do drugs and fuck cute girls all summer, once you start uni you wanna carry that energy forward so people don't think you're a loser

Don't get a compsci degree. Go into a real field like civil engineering or finance.

the 3 intro langs unis teach in the programming 101 class are python, java, or C. Look at your course info to see if they mention which they use, otherwise look around online / ask on your unis subreddit. They also tend to swap languages all the fucking time, different one for different classes, and eventually free choice so don't feel too locked in to one. Additionally, there is no expectation that you know how to program going in to first year, they will teach you variables / loops / syntax / basic logic, however it is at an accelerated rate and knowing how to write some basic programs ahead of time will help you massively

During my degree these were the languages I used
>Y1: python, java, matlab
>Y2: GO, java, C++, asm (arm), VHDL, matlab
>Y3: python (in jupyter), java, VHDL, C, matlab
>Y4: [C, typescript]

Sup armchad

software engineeering is not comp sci... you do a general engineering degree, same as an EE or civil or whatever but instead of getting classes about electronics or concrete, you talk about computers. comp sci replaces all those engineering classes with more math or more niche computer classes

Fuck off, we're full.

>civil engineering

Attached: images.png (205x245, 7.26K)

Read up some peer reviewed statistics on trans people instead.
They will help you not sound like a massive incel. Getting social is stupidly important in uni, since you'll be surrounded by normies.

Attached: 1599290082219.png (645x770, 15.94K)

your peers will be fucking idiots and the course will be dumbed down for them, don't fret

>compsci degree
what? its software engineering, not compsci

dude but the thing is that I know nothing after fucking college lol. so I need to have some fundamentals at least

>software eng
It's a complete fucking meme for soulless third worlders who only aspire to land a code monkey job. Study a real subject like math, physics or history, or fuck off.

COPE

Hello /leftypol/!