VIM General

"You'll find that many autists have no concept of wasted time or efficiency in tool choice; their lower-primate retard brains, misfiring and stripped of critical-oils required for higher reasoning, are only appeased by action bias -- animalistically insisting the most redundant, laborious approach is best."

Attached: R.jpg (700x580, 75.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p0Q3oDY9A5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you will never be the emacs and lisp general

Vim is deprecated. Use vis.

why would be there a general about it? config just requires keybinds, disabling swapfile and enabling line numbers
what else do you need in a text editor?

>disabling swapfile
absolute state of Any Forumstrannies who don't program

>"You'll find that many autists have no concept of wasted time or efficiency in tool choice; their lower-primate retard brains, misfiring and stripped of critical-oils required for higher reasoning, are only appeased by action bias -- animalistically insisting the most redundant, laborious approach is best."

Attached: 52242.png (280x280, 34.36K)

What you say is true and full of wisdom. And that is exactly why you should use VSCode.

{current popular editor} with vim bindings is the ultimate red pill

Attached: 1623258792068.png (402x431, 241.76K)

this
the bindings are what makes vim good in the first place. theres no need to carry all of the baggage of the rest of it

A (neo)Vim general with C langs would be pretty neat. Like C/D/Zig/Hare/Lua(maybe) and vimscript i guess.

Attached: 1657273911423.jpg (1045x1440, 135.41K)

>C langs
>lists all these tranny langs that are irrelevant and have nothing to do with C

Is it good? I really enjoyed using Acme and Sam.

>D
Basically C+
>Zig
Basically a modern C implementation, uses libc
>Hare
idk about that one just included it since it's in the same space
>Lua
More of a extension language but since it's made in ANSI C it's based in my book

If you're gonna be obsessed with trannies you'd be better of chasing Rust&Cepples users.

vis is noticeably slower than vim for ssh use.

I do like the idea of vis, sadly never got to mess with the regex ideas it got from sam.

what do you guys think of this?
is he right?
youtu.be/p0Q3oDY9A5s

I use VIM but vim regexes are shit

did you even watch the video? he's not done with vim, he's just going to use neovim, which is extended vim. so it's just clickbait and you bought it hook line and sinker, retard

I switched to Helix few weeks ago and never going back to neovim. It's so fucking fast and responsive. No need to mess with plugins, everything works out of box. Just install the language servers from your package manager if you need any and set your favorite theme on the config file.

Helix is the future.

Attached: 6hkyt.jpg (1280x720, 119.83K)

my question was more towards the vim 9.0 script not if he wants to drop it or not

Attached: 1631384699346.png (1281x764, 741.71K)

:s/done with/filtered by/