A technical discussion: windows xp

Why did windows xp run so well on literally anything, and it made me so happy, and windows 10 runs like shit on literally anything with less then 16 gb ram?

TL:DR;
Why do I look at win 10 with such disdain by comparison? shouldnt new mean better?

Attached: download (2).jpg (275x183, 6.04K)

>Why did windows xp run so well on literally anything
it didn't, when xp launched the average retard had 32mb ram or less in their p3 or worse 486 shitbox and getting xp to run was horrific. it was a horrible resource hog and came with six quadrillion unnecessary drivers. stability was ass until well into sp2.

Did you run WinXP ever in hardware of the era or only on VM in 2010s system?

ive run it in 06 as a kid

fpbp
zoomer op btfo'd

kill yourself aesthetic zoomer
captcha: XD YVT

What is this zoomer bullshit? XP was whined at for high system requirements and "bloat" at launch, just like every version of Windows.
In fact - for the normies anyway, who were coming from 9x - it was like the step up from XP to Vista: literally quadruple the RAM and disk space requirements.

>XP was the last good Windows version evar!!!
>Needed up until SP2 to actually be good
>Vista was the worst Windows version evar!!!!!
>Ran just as well as 7 by the time SP2 rolled around
I mean, suit yourselves, that attitude is the reason it never got spyware backported from 10, but you cocksuckers really need to get your heads screwed on straight.

Attached: 1604921802003.png (953x934, 176.08K)

same kernel as 2000, rock solid.

I ran XP on Pentium 3's when I was a kid, and it was unironically just fine. I didn't exactly have a ton of money, either. If you were still trying to use a Pentium II when XP came came around, you were an absolute poorfag. By 2003 or so, I was picking Pentium II boxes at garage sales for $10.

Sure user. Now explain why almost no XP drivers work on Windows 2000, it requires twice the RAM of Windows 2000, etc.

Attached: 1547051863777.png (480x480, 32.23K)

XP required MMX, so you couldn't run it on a 486 - a late-model Pentium 1 was required.
To be fair, you were a terminal poorfag if you still ran a 486 in 2002.

Congratulations for getting filtered by driver installer version string checks.

Attached: ryanr.jpg (640x480, 53.46K)

>Why did windows xp run so well on literally anything, and it made me so happy
It didn't, there was actually a lot of backslash since people tried to use it on hardware that wasn't even recommended requirements.
Literally like Vista backlash was 7 years later or like with Win 10 and Win 7 years after that.

>and windows 10 runs like shit on literally anything with less then 16 gb ram?
Windows 10 on hardware that's not recommended requirements runs just as bad as XP on hardware below recommended requirements.
Windows 10 is totally capable of running snappy with a dual core CPU, 4GB of RAM and SSD though.

>Why do I look at win 10 with such disdain by comparison? shouldnt new mean better?
It is actually better.

>What is this zoomer bullshit? XP was whined at for high system requirements and "bloat" at launch, just like every version of Windows.
>In fact - for the normies anyway, who were coming from 9x - it was like the step up from XP to Vista: literally quadruple the RAM and disk space requirements.
This. Exactly how I remember it too.

This. Agree too.

Attached: 1642106173276.png (800x800, 580.49K)

>Why did windows xp run so well

Attached: smug michelle.jpg (197x140, 10.38K)

Different WDM versions, drivers compiled against the newer WDM model won't work on 2000.

Pentium 3 was a 2 year old CPU by the time XP came out, user.

You can still manually install the driver packages and it will work with minimal issues.

>>Vista was the worst Windows version evar!!!!!
This one specifically triggers my autistic rage, especially because, as you said, it ran just as well as 7 after a couple of updates (also this is just my opinion but it looked way better than 7).
But nooo, all retards follow the same "XP good, vista bad" logic without ever questioning if that was really the case.
These fucking retards must not remember how hard XP was shat on when it came out, with many people opting to use 2000 instead.

pajeets, thats why

Yes, but upgrade cycles were still vicious back then. A several year old processor was considered 'old' back then. Not like today when it isn't uncommon to see someone still using an Ivy Bridge shitbox as their main computer.

Any Forums in 20 years:
>Why did Windows 10 run so well..

Attached: 1655311752954.jpg (640x521, 47.33K)

128mb ram was typical for low end P3 machines running win98. Those on older hardware stuck to dos or win95. The underage retard here is you but worse than OP you are also full of yourself so that makes you double retarded.

Running Windows 11 on this 15 year old processor without a hitch.

Attached: L5410.png (614x460, 25.45K)

Last I heard, the dozen or so new Ke* and Ex* APIs aren't string checks,.

Attached: 64312916_2572223096145204_2805839848861073408_n.jpg (640x741, 30.96K)