Video games are the only software people are willing to pay for

>video games are the only software people are willing to pay for
why is this

Attached: 1487235720859.png (4000x3788, 616.47K)

Mac devs don't have this problem

slow toadposter

>paying for video games

Attached: 1638553321653.jpg (819x819, 175.35K)

because there are plenty of retards who'll write programs and give them away for free. dumb commies

Because they're fun and entertaining or beautiful and impressive and so on. And not free.
Other software people are willing to pay for are tools, like video editing or audio editing software, software to create with. And not free.
If not then the majority of software that people need is already free in the operating system, from the operating system itself, a web browser, a note taker, a media player and so on. So much work is all there for free.
Businesses, organisations and governments pay for software because they need it for specific infrastructure reasons, embedded systems, logistics and so on which the average person doesn't need.

because all the other applications are for work, and work should be buying them unless you're a contractor/lolbertarian

Attached: 1656929993920.jpg (553x382, 51.09K)

If I bought a bed I wouldn't be expected to pay to sleep on it.
same applies to computer

or well I say the os is free, but it's kind of bought with the computer in the expense if it's not linux or something.

>that people need
they don't need video games or computers

>for work, and work should be buying them unless you're a contractor/lolbertarian
even if it's something that can improve your productivity outside of work?

I mean sure. People don't "need" anything other than warmth, hygiene, water and food to stay alive but they also don't "need" to stay alive so they don't "need" anything at all.

Boxed software from the 90s? Sure buy it - Telemetry/AIDS filled SaaS paywalls now? No -they steal enough of your info to pay their pajies.

when the consumer is most anxious to relax, he pays. it's a cultural standard feedback loop between the productivity industry and the entertainment industry that you aren't allowed to leave.
a productivity utility by any definition is still "work", it helps YOU do X. You still have to make sure it is done.

Wrong. Businesses will happily pay for productivity or enterprise software.

i mean the average joe

What software would they need to pay for? They already paid for the OS when they bought their computer. If they need office or something they will probably pay for that. For anything else free software is good enough.

Video games at least somwhat creative. Bitch you think I care about the newest version of MS word when it can't do new that matters compared to a version from 20 years ago? Pirate or libreoffice are the only real solution if you aren't a cuck.

The average joe doesn't use software other than games. So he also doesn't pay for software other than games.

>Because they're fun and entertaining
wrong board

Because cracking multiplayer games is kinda shit. When you can't play with your buddies easily it becomes a significant hurdle, only cracked videogames i use are singleplayer games.
Also with the reliance on after-launch patches piracy becomes more and more of a hassle. Each game in itself is often also more of a niche product, there are probably more users of libre office than there are battlefield V owners. Games typically have a lot of novelty value which they quickly lose after a short time, which is absolutely not the case for other software products.

You're not paying for the software, you're paying for the assets.