/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

*Stupid quote edition*
Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: 2345200-Tony-Rothman-Quote-If-you-ask-a-stupid-question-you-may-feel.jpg (3840x2160, 924.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ZeroQI/Hama.bundle
krita.org/en/download/krita-desktop/
alibaba.com/product-detail/Carbon-Steel-Non-stick-Coating-Wok_60729897155.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

can someone recommend me a good video tutorial series on UE4?
i wanna learn to mod games, specifically one game that uses UE4
i feel like i learn better if im following along with a video
i don't know anything about modding games or game engines or anything like that. im kinda just looking to make my own levels pretty much

Attached: 20220618054944_1.jpg (1920x1080, 573.25K)

If an encrypted drive becomes corrupted, it's basically impossible to recover the data, right?

Yes, that's the point of encryption.

Depends on where the corruption has happened. Sectors are encrypted independently of each other so whether it is encrypted or not makes no difference, you still lose one sector.
If the header gets corrupted then you're in trouble, so better keep backups of it.

Use HAMA
github.com/ZeroQI/Hama.bundle
Never had any issues like that and I usually don't change my torrent folder names.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what layers are, in regards to network switches?

Explain like Im retarded

Attached: 53f.jpg (196x250, 7.27K)

I moved to EU and these retards are connecting to internet with the TV plug (coaxial cable) and it only works from one main port. So even though my room has 2 of these ports, the main one is in the living room and thats the only one with internet. My options are to get about 15m of ethernet and lay it through the living room all the way to the room for my desktop PC or get a WiFi adapter. I'm super skeptical about WiFi being good enough but maybe I'm wrong? I have 1000Mbps connection, I get it fully via ethernet and around 700Mbps via WiFi. I assume it will drop a bit at the room. What should I do? Are there any solid WiFi adapters? Or do I be a man and lay ethernet through the rooms?

I manually updated all the way to 486, then tried to update to latest v490 via choc, it installed in a different directory-- /Program Files/, and failed to launch without admin privileges. In case you want to run Hydrus updates and installs freom Chocolatey, install it in like C:\, because it requires admin if you install it in program files, so basically

choco install hydrus-network --install-arguments="'/DIR=C:\Hydrus'"

importing DB backup worked fine, no failures.

I FUCKING HATE TROUBLESHOOTING. I hope I saved someone some time at least.

Attached: 1654543988557.png (512x512, 57.59K)

>I moved to EU
Welcome
>and these retards are connecting to internet with the TV plug (coaxial cable)
Fuck off back to your shithole
>and it only works from one main port.
Which other technology gives you a choice of ports? Enlighten the continent with your knowledge of alien technology
>So even though my room has 2 of these ports, the main one is in the living room and thats the only one with internet.
No shit?!

I installed the Fish shell on Windows 10 using WSL2, and succesfully added it to Windows Terminal. Now, how do I add it to the integrated terminal in Visual Studio Code?

Where can I reliably download books aside from zlib?

This question may be programming related, but it's so high level and I'm stupid that I feel it is best suited here..

How do I find a tutorial that shows how to make a simple database that starts with showing you what the final product will look like so I know that I'm not wasting my time?
The overwhelming majority of results I've found in my searches are mainly showing the code itself and not the end product such that I have no idea if what they're teaching is what I want/need to learn.

I get that there are multiple parts, like backend (the database itself: MySQL, MariaDB, etc) and frontend to create the thing you use to view and interact with the database..

For example, I just want a massive database where entries have a bunch of different tags associated with them that would allow me to filter the search results by choosing multiple tags and other criteria like watched/not watched/plan to watch/etc. It would be great if the framework could fetch file paths as well to have links to the movie/music/picture/whatever on my file system.

I don't want to rely on online databases that could go away at anytime; I mean, I'll scrape online databases for information, but I want a local copy that will live and die with me.

Attached: database tags.png (1333x443, 111.29K)

what can i do if my cpu cooler is loose on the motherboard? its an old cooler i had around... i think the plastic things that fix it to the motherboard are loose from wear and tear

Attached: s_17252.jpg (590x442, 35.73K)

What the fuck? I thought it was supposed to be free? There's no .EXE file to download on their website.

Attached: 112144.png (837x288, 30.22K)

So how do you make webms now that VP9 is allowed? I used to use webm for retards, but that hasn't been updated in years, and I can't make it work with updated ffmpeg binaries.

I want to change the thermal pads on my OG PS4, Any recommendations? never bought thermal pads before so dont really know what to look for.

>I thought it was supposed to be free?
Free as in freedom. You have the source, have fun.

I just downloaded this like two days ago for WIn 10...
krita.org/en/download/krita-desktop/
Right there on the front page with a big button.
Fuck it; I give up. Ain't nobody got time for this.

Can you use a thermal pad instead of thermal paste when building a computer?

I found a wok pan on the side of the street still wrapped in some plastic.
I'm pretty sure I have this frying pan
alibaba.com/product-detail/Carbon-Steel-Non-stick-Coating-Wok_60729897155.html
It says carbon steel, but it also has a picture of an egg frying on it, and it says it has a "non stick coating", so am I supposed to season the frying pan or is it shitty chinese carbon steel coated in teflon?

So what would happen if someone just threw their PC away? My cousin wants to throw his old PC away but I've been telling him to stop being lazy and recycle it instead.

Attached: 1656996069655.png (1930x1146, 614.38K)