10x dev here

This thread is for discussing 10x dev strats. Could a 2x or 5x dev manage the discussion from here? pretty busy 10xing

Attached: 1654297789310.jpg (1078x1077, 163K)

I'm a 1x dev because I get paid 1x. Don't fall for the hacker news memes, this is a job.

Im a 10x dev because I am self employed and pay myself 10x. I would pay myself 100x but I invest the money back into my business. Dont fall for the Any Forums users coping about their lack of skill saying that 1x is all you need to be. Why dont you use the other 9x to learn more so you can escape the 9-5 and start your own company.

I'm a 10x dev in binary

Nice but Im a 0xax dev in hex

Verification not required

All these replies are off topic. This thread is for discussion of 10x dev strats. I learned python when I was 3 or 4, cant remember. I soon realized its shortcomings and I learned C to write my first operating system. Keep in mind that this was when I was in kindergarten. You need to have parents that are already engineers, and it helps if their parents were smart too. My parents made me solve problems from a book called the Hungarian Problem Book or something like that. This enhanced my problem solving skills when my brain was still developing. Furthermore, it gave me the confidence to question everything. In middle school I started hacking and used this skill to gain access to supercomputers. I was arrested in 2016 for my hacking my school but I was able to erase the evidence that would have had me fucked. I got off with a warning and I decided to focus on designing my own microprocessors on fpgas. This brings us to the present day, I am working at a fortune 500 tech company to fund my side project of making a quantum annealer to mine the rest of the Bitcoins. Tell me your story anons.

31 y.o. boomer with "senior" title at a FAANG (or whatever the acronym is now)

I have never been a "10x dev" but my job is to help 10+ other developers be productive and make sure they are not building the wrong thing. I'm probably a 0.5x dev with the rest of my time.

Careful, don't being so quick to show your power level, and reveal the truth, 1xdev bro

Whats a 10x dev ?
A dev that hires 10 pajeets while applying to 10 different jobs?

I never appreciated this kind of role until I worked at an actual functioning company. My career was mostly bouncing between shit shops before.

Devs left to their own devices will just built the most convoluted shit. There needs to be an adult supervisor to keep things in scope. When done right and the "senior" knows how to be firm without being a dick, it improves the process of writing code in a team immensely.

You are obviously not even a 1x dev because you cant use your brain. It is a developer who is 10x more productive than an average one. Most people cope about how it doesnt exist but it does and they are just 1x. 10x developers do get paid 10x more and hiding your power level from your employer is top tier larp.

You are a 1x because you are average. If you really were a better dev why wouldnt you market those skills and get a promotion or a better job?

>1x because you are average
Wrong. The average dev is more like a 0.25x dev. The average dev is so bad at their job they actively make work for other people.

1x means average and it changes depending on what engineering field and what point in time you are comparing yourself to. The average going down just makes it easier to be 10x

>Hungarian Problem Book
I would have been filtered by my math classes in college if it werent for this book.

Wrong. 10x means doing the work of 10. 1x dev would do the work of a single developer. In a perfect world the average would be 1. Unfortunately in my experience the average dev just makes work for me further down the line, mostly because ideas like "design" and "forethought" are just too much for the average dev. The average dev just writes a shit load of unit tests, makes them pass, then calls it a day. A couple of months later you end up having to rewrite a chunk of it because the average dev just can not into loose coupling.

I can tell youve never worked at a real tech company user. Why is your job hiring pajeets, are you a code monkey too?

>In a perfect world the average would be 1
The 1x developer is adjusted to represent the average developer. It isnt a perfect world and things change so certain metrics need to be dynamic like this.

>youve [sic] never worked at a real tech company
I work in finance, so yeah. On the brightside I don't have to put up with troons.

Ok why are you saying things you don't know then?

There is absolutely no way you work in finance if you don't understand a statistic like 1x and 10x devs

>Only REAL devs work at FAGMAN
LMAO! Your standard FAGMAN dev is worse the average dev.