How can I recover data from this Samsung phone with fully broken screen. It works, but the screen doesn't

How can I recover data from this Samsung phone with fully broken screen. It works, but the screen doesn't

Attached: 20220709_145315.jpg (4000x3000, 2.31M)

You replace the screen.

My dad is a cheapskate, I don't want to spend hundreds just to replace a screen, if I want to send it to a repair shop

USB-C to HDMI

Get a usb/hdmi adapter; connect it to tv set; use mouse to unlock and navigate it.

There's no other way to recover the data. You need a working screen for that. Either a test screen or a donor phone. You put the motherboard in it and recover data.

USB C -> HDMI

I tried, no luck

Also, is it possible to restore photos from a phone where factory restore is accidentally enabled?
I want the fabled closing Carrefour photos

>accidentally
Fuck off!

My dad after seeing the firmware update notification from his phone, accidentally clicked restore instead of update, then clicked yes and accidentally lost all data

then it's not only the screen that is broken.

either send it to a repair shop or get rid of the data by physically destroying the storage medium and get yourself a new phone.

My guess is that the phone needs permission before linking it to the TV, which I can't access due to broken touch screen, so I'm out of luck

Just use your backup.

No backup sadly. Also, for working phones, to avoid tragedy like this, what is the best cloud backup app?

If you dont care about reassembly you could try to order a new screen and attach it

Fake and gay. For software update you only have two choices. "Later" or "Download" on Samsung.

Use muscle memory (or fingerprint if possible) to unlock it, and connect it to a computer where you can use adb to grab the files, assuming usb debugging is enabled and you have connected i to that pc before and pressed "remember this computer" or whatever that checkbox was labelled

Give it back Jamal

No, factory reset not only deletes the data, but also re-encrypts the internal storage with a new key, even if you could restore the data, you'd just get back gobbledy-gook

If you can get your hands on a "for parts" phone with a functional screen you could do something about it for cheaper than if you replace the screen.
The screen is almost guaranteed to be fucked on a "for parts" phone but maybe you can luck out and find something with fucked colors and a shattered glass that still has touch capabilities.

Or just take it to a shop which might be able to use a screen they have lying about to copy your shit and then detach that fresh screen.