We should start having general Tech Deals threads. Thought I'd share one

We should start having general Tech Deals threads. Thought I'd share one.

Anyone else have a soft spot for the old Netbooks? I picked this up yesterday. Ten hour battery, 11.6" screen Usb C. Not
the best CPU but I liked the price and there's an M.2 slot inside for expansion. I've got 500GB SSD collecting dust I can
put in it. I decided to keep Windows on my main ThinkPad and use the netbook as dedicated Linux machine. Maybe set
it up for some emulation too. What you think?

Attached: AsusE210MA.png (1127x717, 260.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3BuyF9nUWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds nice, for a poor africa nigger who never had a laptop before

for that much you could get a proper T420 with a real cpu, real SSD, and 8gb upgradable ram you retarded nigger

Attached: 1637402428166.png (279x511, 72.05K)

Based thread suggestion. We should also make a scraper and create a Any Forums approved website where we show deals

>eMMC
Have some standards, jesus christ.

Attached: cat-gagging.gif (640x580, 3.29M)

I have a couple of these. One for online proctored exams and the other for basic web browsing and whatnot. Linux was a pain in the ass because LOL no wifi support. Found my answer on the Arch forums.

Holy fuck no. The 2520m is like 12 years old now and I bet that battery gets an hour of battery life at most. Also, that's not a netbook and probably weighs twice as much. You chinkpad faggots need to stop shilling your eBay stores.

This. Doesn't help that there's 0 hw decode for modern video codecs like VP9/HEVC and by default you get massive performance hits on everything from the 1 gorillion security patches for intel's speed hack kikery and disabling them makes your computer get super aids if it goes online.

$100 isn't going to get you anything significantly faster than a fire HD tablet (sold at a loss), OP. Due to inflation and increased labor costs, everything now costs twice as much so any big 50% discounts you see are just MSRP prices you would have seen 10 years ago. $200 is now the new $100 and if current politics don't improve soon it could stay that way for the foreseeable future.

>celeron
That's not even worth the materials it's made of.

I have one for web browsing
If I use too much memory Debian freezes up but otherwise it works pretty well

the best thing about it is the battery life
8 - 12+ hours on an x86 CPU

Microcenter is selling a netbook with simar specs for $60 in-store only. It even has a sim card slot that you can optionally replace with another mmc drive

>4GB
>64GB of non-replaceable storage
please tell me you didn't actually buy this, a thinkpad from 2008 will literally give you better performance

>$100 isn't going to get you anything significantly faster than a fire HD tablet
Not true, I got a W530 with a 4-core 8-thread i7 CPU for that much. It was without a battery and power supply but still. And those can be bought for like $40.

why? so you purchase all the stock at a cheap price then turn around and sell it back at 3x the price??? no deal, JEWSTEIN

That laptop has been hovering around $99 and $119 for a while now, I'm tempted to get one, since my current everyday laptop is a crappy 2016 corebooted N2xxx chromebook, the only decent thing about it is the battery life and everything else is shit on it, it only has 16gb of storage too, with a proprietary barrel plug charger, I pretty much only use it for writing code because browsing JS heavy websites feels like a slog.

I got a dell latitude e7250 for 1500czk/62usd

How come the only way to get a worthwhile beater laptop these days is to buy a chromebook and flash it?
This chromebook costs less and has the same guts yet it offers USB-C charging and a microSD card slot, for a total of 4 usb slots.

posted in the asahi lina thread by mistake

Attached: 2022-07-09-130036_1124x763_scrot.png (1124x763, 262.28K)

It turns out that printing trillions of more dollars in a really short amount of time is detrimental to the value of said currency.

is this a bot post?
don't reply to me

youtube.com/watch?v=V3BuyF9nUWU

The issue with tech deals threads is they're too regional and they're better left to communities like traditional forums, leddit, or even search engines.

The only tech deals worth writing home about here are stuff like signing for YouTube premium in India to get Indian pricing. Yet people here will mostly spam about how paying $300 for a T420 is an amazing deal.

chromebooks are probably subsidized cause schools use them

>too regional
most deals you'd post here are specific to the US which is where this website is based and most of the posters are from.

Honestly would not be surprised if a modern Celeron outclasses pre-8th gen i3/i5 processors.