Will opensoursing windows 7 destroy linux desktop?

Will opensoursing windows 7 destroy linux desktop?

Attached: fsf.jpg (800x420, 18.34K)

no, nobody but microsoft will give a single fuck

microsoft will never opensource any version of windows. and no, code leaks are not the same because no one serious would risk their career working on them.

Only thing it would do is improve Wine to the point where Windows loses its only captive market, which is gaymen.

Windows 7 came out 15 years ago.

A ton of people still use windows 7 even though it's discontinued. If it was opensoursed the community could make security patches themselves making it viable again.
Also making it opensourced will attract freetards because it's no longer proprietary and you don't have to put up with a lot of linux bs.

If it was fully open sourced and I could be sure the glowing bits were removed, I'd use it.

I don't actually hate windows or windows users or whatever other conspiracy you think about people who primarily use free software. I just don't want to use tech that openly, proudly glows for anything serious.

>a lot of linux bs.
in wimdows you have to put up with microsoft bs which is much worse

Linux bs comes majorly from software and driver unavailability.
Windows bs is a result of MS inconsistent design and non-user oriented decisions. The community could solve that.

>A ton of people
sure

Attached: 2022-07-09-145924_1600x900_scrot.png (715x755, 64.48K)

> destroy the 1.5% market share
lmao

>Linux bs comes majorly from software and driver unavailability.
We've been over this before Jay, you really need to stop getting your ideas for bait threads from LinuxQuestions.org posts from 2002.

5% of 95% market share is more than the entirety of linux desktop users.

Ms office, adobe suit, online games, obscure device drivers, mice drivers, etc.

you can't know the exact percentage of linux users because they often do not expose that they use linux, this is obvious

90%+ people are dumb NPCs

>Ms office
everyone uses office 365 and google suite, libre office just werks, openoffice works good for microsoft file formats
>adobe suit
works on linux
>online games
counter strike works, you don't have to play the most botnet bullshit with kernel anticheat
>obscure device drivers
linux supports nearly the same amount of hardware as windows, just different ones
>mice drivers
every mouse works on linux, they all use a generic driver

ms wont allow it. No a better idea would be to completely recreate windows 7 in unix. Sans any ms ip. Make it compatible with all x86 programs. But make it arm compatible too. Because lets be honest here. x86 has far outlived its usefulness. My hands get hot when just browsing Any Forums on my 12900k.

>Windows 7 has more users than all Mac and Linux versions combined
lol

>lol
>lmao
>kek
>kekerino
>lmeo
>laughing

>a better idea would be to completely recreate windows 7 in unix.
We've all seen what this project looks like. Better to just stick with wine
>arm compatible
You can't make x86 applications arm compatible. You have to either recompile them for arm or emulate x86.

meds

Yes but who makes the drivers? Hardware manufacturers no longer make drivers for Windows 7.

A lot of windows 10/11 drivers will work on 7 too.

Just like they did for XP, 2000, NT 4.0...
Oh hang on, that never happened.