When did Raspberry Pis get so damn expensive...

When did Raspberry Pis get so damn expensive? 2 years ago you could get one for like $60 and now the price has basically doubled. Even the RPI Zero is a hundred bucks now.

Attached: file.png (1079x876, 969.71K)

They didn't get more expensive, your money is just worth less.

this Even a pack of medium sized doritos are $4.00 where I live when I remember it was like $2.50

Sorry I bought them all

umm it's because of Chip Shortage™ and Broken Supply Chains©
don't ask questions just save up more money

Attached: 1637162651347.gif (452x523, 3.8K)

On the other hand, I was able to get a decent Shortwave radio for cheap.

I recall them being much more expensive than they are now.

It's that dastardly (((chip shortage))). Same one that's been keeping GPUs and CPUs 500% over MSRP for the last 3 years. Took us less time to invent an atomic bomb from fucking scratch than to spin up just ONE fucking chip fab anywhere on earth besides East China.

They've openly said that they dont care about private consumers anymore, so they are in no rush to meet the demand of the private sector, thus the price stays inflated.

>originally intended to be an inexpensive way to learn programming, linux etc.
>ppl find out you can do more stuff with it than originally intended eg. a low powered home server
>businesses notice the hype and also start to use pi's in their systems as a replacement for the expensive soc's.
>global chip shortage hits
>even more demand due to rona
luckily my local parts shop still sells them at msrp

>They've openly said that they dont care about private consumers anymore
Source?

My ass, fuck you

buy an old android and install termux instead.

>covid puts a squeeze on component supply
>companies milk it to raise prices, despite the loosening of supply restrictions

>doubled
>Zero is a hundred bucks
I wish people wouldn't list resale/scalper prices as if they were the actual price of the product.
The prices of these products haven't changed. They're just out of stock.

It was always expensive. They tried to sell these as $10 shits.

But then you add in $6 power cable, $6 sd card, $15 shipping cost, and shit adds up so fast that it becomes useless.

2 years ago the cattle let their shepherds take out trillions of dollars of our foal's blood money to satiate the panic the farmers themselves caused.

Attached: There there Human, it's okay, it wont hurt..png (540x540, 277.71K)

scalping since lockdowns

what the fuck am i supposed to use these things for? I have one and I don't know what to do with it
I was running PiHole for a while but it kept fucking things up so I got rid of it, and now my Pi just sits there

/thread

if you can't find a purpose for it chances are you never needed one from the start

>wahh things cost money

bing bing wahoo pirate emulation machine for hipster

just shove it up your ass, you brainless consoomer

>buy rpi
>shove it it nes case
>"I have a NES now"
fucking idiots

Attached: 4momwz.jpg (720x303, 26.63K)

I know a graybeard boomer at work that has a cluster of like 50 of them in his office.

Attached: 1653596228107.jpg (272x280, 11.63K)

I got it as a gift

Attached: 200.gif (266x200, 3.77M)