It begins

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Lenovo-Pluton-Windows-Default
>Lenovo's new AMD Rembrandt powered laptops with Microsoft Pluton security co-processor are set by default to only trust Microsoft's key and not the Microsoft 3rd Party UEFI CA Key that Linux distributions and others use for UEFI Secure Boot support
You will be licensed to run Windows 11 and you will be happy.

Attached: 1641309371_amd_microsoft_pluton.jpg (1366x768, 161.64K)

Secure boot already does this, it was over long ago. I fucking hate Bill Gates and his niggerOS

Meanwhile...

Attached: 1.png (800x599, 755.87K)

Nah, I don't think I will.

Attached: Apple-WWDC22-M2-chip-hero-220606_big.jpg.large.jpg (980x551, 38.78K)

Apple hardware is now more free than Intel/AMD chips, but Any Forums will never accept this fact.

This is why desktop Linux needs pre-builts of their own in stores as soon as possible.

Microsoft authentication will be built-into the next release of systemd.

Wrong. Secure boot can be left on, if you use a GNU/Linux distribution which has been signed by the 3rd Party Key. You don't have to turn secure boot to boot Ubuntu, for example.

Yes, having to change a BIOS option is much worse than having to reverse engineer everything and find an exploit to get your OS running. You retard.

Unfortunately the security is shit since its just an arm processor which Apple had to open up for power users. The iPhone processors are more secure.

>having to change a BIOS option
For now. How many Android phones can still use custom ROMs, compared to 10 years ago?
>find an exploit to get your OS running
See, this is where Any Forums users reveal themselves as ignorant retards. You don't need to exploit anything to get an OS running on an M1. It can boot any disk image you want without restrictions.

Still need to turn it off.

Attached: 176ff79c575ac84125cdddf47cff647e.png (958x508, 169.06K)

Not for approved Linux distros, which is nice since you get both the advantage of being a power user while having the security of secure boot. There is zero Microsoft/AMD/Intel approved Linux distros so unless you're willing to turn off secure boot which is required for powerusers and sys admin you're gonna have to just shell out for a Mac.

What does this mean? I can't boot Linux?

You niggers would turn this shit off anyway

You've been chimping out about UEFI and security options since they came out and now you wanna chimp about having to disable those options to boot GNU/Linux

A few days ago MS and Apple would be doing you a favor by actively discouraging secure boot and shit but now all of a sudden you just love secure boot

Always gotta play the fucking victim

>by default
>>by default
>by default
>>by default
>by default
>>by default
>by default
>>by default
>by default
>>by default
>by default
>>by default
>by default
>>by default
>by default
>>by default
>freetards expose themselves as subhuman naggers that can't even figure out how to change BIOS boot settings
what an embarrassing 12375th thread about this
it's like freetards make these seethe threads to mock themselves for the tech illiterate morons they are
these threads are a monument to how fucking brain dead freetards are

Attached: 1650101417331.jpg (252x251, 29.83K)

this just get a mac if you want unix so bad

Guess I made the right choice buying a 5800x
One the last CPUs that will allow me running Linux systems

>buy one of these laptops
>install Gentoo
>it won't boot
>take Lenovo to court (in Europe since that's the only place with consumer protection laws) since they committed fraud by deliberately selling you a broken product
>???
>enjoy your big payout and Lenovo & Microsoft getting a giant "cut that shit out" cockslap from the EU

What if you don't want a dogshit UI?

Didn't macs stop working because the m1 couldn't phone home to certain servers that went offline?

>get laptop
>install Gento
>delete Windows partition
>it just works and you don't have to change anything at all
Click bait writers and spreaders should be executed

macos has the best UI