/wdg/ - Web Development General

Internet of Things
Progressive Web Apps
Mobile App
>Editiiooooooons!!!!!!
>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have our own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using this format in your posts, the scraper will pick it up:
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: Flutter, Php, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: iot_pwa_mobile-app_'edition'.webm (640x358, 1.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mdn/content
editor.swagger.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anime.

Attached: fdd4af1f8540ccbd1d8fa29ab10b362f3e1788a0.png (2000x2000, 3.36M)

im gonna progressively stick my dick in the mouth of whoever thought a fucking fridge should connect to wifi

user, you dont want to stick your dick into your own mothers mouth do you?

Guys I need help I'm outta my depth here.

Doing a Wordpress site for a business, they want information pulled from a government website. Just submit a number and lastname and get back license status. Government has captcha on page, we'll need to ask them to make something for us to pull from.

What the fuck do I ask them to make and what do I use to query it?

i am going to rape your ass

The government site must have an API you can authorize and connect to to bypass the captcha. If they won't give you that it's because they don't want you to.

I know they will have to build an API, apparently our company has the connections to request this. I am part of the request. From my readings I should be able to use wp_remote_get() which is kinda like curl. Do I have to be specific in what we request in their API? Or is it a given they'll make something I can GET request with a API key?

What's the best way to align the text to the top of the image like posts in Any Forums?

Is server-side rendering and multipage applications dead, or am I just being gaslit by the nu-dev memes?

its more expensive to load entire pages vs small bits of info with the majority of the page already loaded, if you dont know this you are basically a noob

In an ideal world you have both. Render full page on first visit if coming from a direct link to something, but use javascript to just change stuff and load small bits on info when navigating elsewhere on the page. This way you can get high performance for 99% of visitors and also accomodate no-js users. In 2022 however most sites just tell you to go fuck yourself and render a blank page without javascript for client rendering.

Oh yeah, I agree. The problem is that majority of nu-devs are technically incompetent noobs who got into the game through bootcamps and muh learn kode propaganda to fill the demand for coders.

Remix and Fresh are new frameworks that basically only do server side rendering & optionally leverage CDN caches to serve the page.

test

Sex

>clone github repository git clone >github.com/mdn/content
>cd content
>install yarn if not installed npm install -g yarn on linux sudo npm install -g yarn
>execute yarn install
>execute yarn start
Is it normal for it to take ages for the last step? I want to download the entire page of mozilla developer docs

I'm using react to build my fronted and flask to build my backend. Should I use the session object from flask or jwt for authentication?

Use something like swagger.
editor.swagger.io/
Look at some of those and take note of all the details they include. parameters, Reponse content type, response codes etc. If you need an API key or whatever make sure thats in their too. It's pretty straight forward, just cover your bases.

They don't necessarily have to use swagger on their end, but if they want to they can use the codegen tools to automatically generate their rest controllers.
This is a standardized way to define a REST API, so you can use it to write your definition and just send it to them. And this is more or less an industry standard so they can't bitch at you for not providing them with proper specs.

I had enough of the shitty TypeORM docs and overly complicated setup. Couldn't even setup migrations properly.
I will try MikroORM and let you know how it goes.

Made a basic Any Forums clone and own personal site, realistically is this enough for a junior frontend job? I live in a less competitive environment so the expectation probably aren't as high, but I'm still unsure whether it is enough.