FOSS is a scam

>can't sell binaries without the source code
>just releasing the source code and no binary isn't an obstacle for simple software
>support is unnecessary for scripts and software that isn't too complex for most normies to use
>collecting donations isn't a profitable business model
>selling documentation is tangential to software
>entire classes of software (i.e. IoT, cloud, SaaS) can't be FOSS
>corporations that already made fortunes off proprietary software are now profiting off the free labor of FOSS programmers
>GPL is unenforceable
>GPLv3 makes FOSS programs harder to work with due to license conflicts
Stop getting your morality from a morbidly obese has-been.

Attached: stallman.jpg (995x1200, 789.26K)

it's stupidity
it's worse than stupidity
it's a marketing hype campaign

Attached: dub the dew.jpg (500x525, 104.47K)

>>entire classes of software (i.e. IoT, cloud, SaaS) can't be FOSS
you have to be 18+ to post here.

>GPL is unenforceable
If one is true then the other cannot be true. If you weren't a pajeet, you would know that. No wonder you can't code.

Selling binaries without the source code is enforceable, but a third party simply taking FOSS code and putting into their proprietary projects is a violation but unenforceable since it's hidden. It creates more problems for FOSS devs than proprietary devs.

OSS is fine but free is stupid unless its something really small and trivial like a notepad program

good, information should be free
>[...] isn't a profitable business model
there is more to life than profit; profit benefits only one person or class of shareholders whereas open source benefits the entire community
see AGPL
>corporations that already made fortunes off proprietary software are now profiting off the free labor of FOSS programmers
those programmers' fault for using cuck licenses
>GPL is unenforceable
See >GPLv3 makes FOSS programs harder to work with due to license conflicts
Not a problem if everyone uses GPL or a similarly non cucked licenses

You are carrying water for corporations who would like to keep their software proprietary and closed so they can squeeze more money out of everyone while making a shabbier product at the same time. I sincerely hope you are paid to shitpost like this.

>there is more to life than profit
this is an american site, chud, there literally is not, profit so you can consoome faster than other people around you is literally the only meaning in life

Attached: 4fd4cdb4c434cf15b02256aa5b022b3a-imagepng.png (557x704, 428.34K)

Works on my machine.

>open source benefits the entire community
>cuck license
not only are you a communist, but you are a communist that beta orbits a trust fund script kiddie!

post nose

Oh yeah?
Then why does Alphabet shit its breeches just on the mention of GPL?

If GPLv3 is unenforceable then why do governments and corporations pick MIT over GPLv3?

Attached: 1654288161118.png (600x600, 234.17K)

>information should be free
please give me your credit card number

based
Fuck this pig

what is the best license to let anyone do anything, including sell, including not giving the same freedom to their users, and you don't have to include attribution or a copy of the license or anything?

any of the zero clause licenses, e.g. 0bsd. you can also "dual license" into the public domain, so to speak, for the countries where that applies.

Microsoft took people's code and they didn't do shit.

they want to profit like apple did bsd

Code should have no license at all. The moment you put a license on it, the lawyers won.

it's called AGPL3, retard
>GPL is unenforceable
FUD, GPL has won court cases
>GPLv3 makes FOSS programs harder to work with due to license conflicts
this is true of every non-cuck license, proprietary or not