He uses a password manager

>He uses a password manager

Attached: AllEggsOnOneBasket.png (1300x1234, 647.18K)

I use a password manager, it's called my brain. I only use one password.

google password manager is the best thing that ever happened, no brainer, just like me
easy access to the manager from web browser and android, integrated autofill on both mentioned.
always keeps in sync, I don't have to manage my keepassxc-meme db manually between my devices.
I'm only worried if it will work in the same way once I switch to sent from iPhone.
I do not use it for most sensitive things, for important and less sensitive there is still 2fa.

>google
>password manager
ISHYGDDT

Have fun when one site you use the password on is breached and turns out to be using unsalted MD5 or plaintext passwords.

I personally use KeePass though and just host my own instance of it on a NAS (which I can access over VPN if needed). I keep backups of the database so I don't lose it, and worst case I always memorize critical passwords for things like e-mail so I can always reset my accounts if I somehow lose access to it all.

Well it's either this or 1 password for everything. Choose your poison.

not my problem works on my machine

>implying

i do, because my steam account got broken into and i decided that was too scary so from then on i bit the bullet and started using long unique and random passwords for everything
i use keepass and sync the db to several machines using syncthing

third option is pen and paper

>>He uses a password manager
why yes, i do. all those who don't are homosexual pedophiles. enjoy. bye bye

Or you can just remember more than 1 password.

Yeah, password managers are not useful at all. I mean, we all remember our 16 character password for each and every site right? I mean, It's not like there are bots out there trying to brute force accounts, right?

Attached: passStrength.png (1000x1000, 328.85K)

>he doesn't use a password manager

Attached: images (28).jpg (658x359, 32.19K)

Great idea idiot. Someone will steal your gay little password book, or you will leave it at a hotel or something, then your life is a major pain in the ass for the next 3 years until you manage to hack your way into everything
not to mention if you get arrested you can't even use the fifth amendment since all your passwords is on your person
don't even post if you are this fucking dumb

I don't get the idea. So it's basically a text database behind a master password, right? So what if you forget that password or lose the database?
And aren't most passwords for websites? My browser manages them for me and all passwords are resettable.

>My browser manages them for me
That's called a password manager
You're using one

Yes. Should have asked what else is there. The rest is just keys, not passwords
>SSH keys
>VPN keys
>filesystem encryption keys

Attached: Steve-O.jpg (1024x1024, 114.82K)

You're right. Password managers do have that flaw. if you loose the password to your database you're fucked but there's no perfect solution, just ways to reduce and mitigate risk. I'd rather have that potential single point of failure for all my passwords than have to worry about all the different accounts.

I just use pgp encrypted text file that I check if I don't remember the password

This is kinda bullshit, I was just trying out cracking software today and I was managing 9gh/s on md5 which with 12 numbers only that's 10^12/9gh or 111 seconds worst case. Assuming 50% luck thats 55 seconds to crack, not 2

2 sec would take 500gh/s worst case or well in my case 55 gtx 1650 gpus, assuming half that still you're looking at more than a few 3090ti or whatever gpus, for just md5 which is piss easy to crack.
Salted md5 or even worse would take something stupid like fucking thousands of the fastest gpu on the market to do it in 2 seconds.

And that amount of hardware is why people build botnets.

For that kind of processing power you're either looking at a pretty decent sized bill from azure/aws or a ridiculously expensive setup dedicated for cracking hahes.

Honestly, switching to Bitwarden has been the highlight of my year so far. Even leaving aside security its just so god damn useful.