You are NGMI if you use Intellisense

You are NGMI if you use Intellisense.

www.charlespetzold.com/etc/DoesVisualStudioRotTheMind.html

Attached: intellisense_icons.png (679x519, 25.28K)

>var

Interesting

>require instead of import
>var
what's next? using promises and .then instead of async and await?
ngmi

>require

It's requre you illiterate faggot.

>You are NGMI if you use Intellisense.
>www.charlespetzold.com/etc/DoesVisualStudioRotTheMind.html
get a job, nobody gives a shit about your vim/emacs rice

Luckily C++ type system really fucks up intellisense.

all i need is nano

I get paid the same regardless of my usage of intellisense, so why not use it and do less work?

>all i need is nano
yea, well i more to do in my day than editing system config files. that's not a practical choice for me

What are you lacking in your workflow that nano provide?

>What are you lacking in your workflow that nano provide?
i can't think of a single thing nano could reasonably provide that isn't already taken care of by my editor of choice.

Name a few, unless you're just blindly parroting what other people have told you like a stupid Any Forums shitter.

>js

Attached: the power of node.webm (1280x720, 1.93M)

>Name a few, unless you're just blindly parroting what other people have told you like a stupid Any Forums shitter.
what are you on about? if you unironically use nano in an x/wayland environment you're a fucking retard. literally only reason you should use an archaic editor like that is to read or make quick modifications to files. unironically trying to tell me programming using strictly nano is stupid Any Forums shitter drivel. go ahead and try and explain why something like nano is a better choice over literally the thousands of choices i have on a given day.

if you use it to explore an object to look for things to do with it, yes, you're fucked.
if you use it as a context-aware autocomplete for things you've already read the docs for, no, it's great and lets you maintain focus on the overall task at hand.

idk why you draw that conclusion when the only time I use visual studio (and by extension intellisense) is at my job
The blog post you linked is rambling and all over the place. The small part that argued against intellisense seemed pretty weak, mostly that it automatically accepts with space. Boo fuckin hoo, there's a setting to change that.
More generally, I fail to see how not having to type very long names is a bad thing. When I'm programming I want to spend more time thinking and less time trying to get my thoughts onto the screen.

>if you use it to explore an object to look for things to do with it, yes, you're fucked.
Shit, this is what I do

Attached: Im_no_boomer.gif (90x90, 17.05K)

We used to have MonoDevelop/SharpDevelop, but they stopped developing those for windows, likely Microsoft bought them out and didn't want them to compete against VisualStudio.

SharpDevelop/MonoDevelop were ~30 MB in size and did 90% of what Visual Studio did, but without needed to download 30 GB of data, without requiring all the data sharing with Microsoft, without all the bloat, etc.

I've had something similar in my mind while using github co-pilot, I can very easily see a future where I don't even remember some specific syntax for something or I wouldn't remember to do stuff that I should be doing because co-pilot does it for me (closing a file, checking for nulls etc)
Intellisense is a step in that direction

>The small part that argued against intellisense seemed pretty weak, mostly that it automatically accepts with space.

Oh, is that all he meant? I thought it must have been autocorrecting at the time. Mine is setup to use enter, not space