Microsoft buys Linux

Listen well to this prediction, because that is what's going to happen in the 20s.
>Microsodt acquisition Canonical
>Microsoft acquisition of SystemD
Be smart. Move out of Ubuntu before Microsoft makes the first move.

Attached: download (17).jpg (300x168, 8.23K)

Remember, they started it all with WSL.
>embrace
>extend (You are here)
>extinguish

>>Microsoft acquisition of SystemD
Fake news spread by anti systemd cultists

wow, everyday Any Forums gets stupider

But I already use ubuntu on windows with WSL :thinking:

I will stay in windows

Attached: p.gif (434x250, 1.46M)

honestly, bait or not, i wouldnt put it past them. microsoft has been so aggressively anticonsumer in the past ~7 years that i could forsee something like this happening.
microsoft acquiring "Linux" (distros), illegally changing license terms, installing spyware and fucking over the user is not an impossibility. mark my fucking words, they're not slowing down their bullshit, let alone stopping. remember minecraft?

This

They're already in bed with Canonical user.

In your own words - please explain how Microsoft would illegally change the license of something that they own on paper? Hard mode: no Pol or G infographics may be used to make your point.

Begin.

Good they will make it usable.

Microsoft already shower Canonical with money and Canonical makes a very large part of its benefits in Azure. The day you see Microsoft acquiring Canonical isn't far at all.

Attached: IMG_20220708_223639.jpg (720x1391, 207.7K)

Ubuntu is already much more usable than Windows. It's not Gentoo we're talking about here.

Microsoft hasn't been anti-consumer, I mean;
>free unlimited private github repos
>practically giving away windows for free
>playfab analytics for free*
>xbox gamepass + their cloud streaming stuff
as a consumer, that stuff is fantastic
but they're not the good guys at all, they're using very consumer friendly practices as bait to encourage people to use their offerings to get as much data as possible with stuff like spyware as you said

>>Microsoft acquisition of SystemD
You don't know how FOSS works. It's practically impossible to acquire large FOSS projects.

Lennart poettering leading a canonical NIH project at microsoft's direction sounds like a surreal nightmare.

it's the future we chose
>twskys

being a taxpayer leech is anti-consumer

current ryzen is all the computing power I'll need for the next 50 years.
Where do we go after this? What can use more CPU?
The only thing is virtual 3D A.I. real time shit, nothing that is even good.. No reason to join in, no reason to update

I don't visit Any Forums that regularly, but this an old copy pasta from last year.

how long after MS buying canonical before linux mint is effected?

I don't think Mint will ever be. MS would have a strong position in the Linux world with Ubuntu and since it's cashcow (Azure) is mostly based on Ubuntu Servers that would help increase their marketshare on the cloud. Mint is useless for them.

the extinguish part is just only starting

we should switch to RHEL now?