Is it worth it to buy a more expensive chair? I can't get myself to rationalize spending more thant 150 bucks on this

Is it worth it to buy a more expensive chair? I can't get myself to rationalize spending more thant 150 bucks on this

>What does Any Forums sit on

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 23.00.28.png (996x1192, 628.61K)

Sitting is for sissies and fat yanks, I stand.

stop being poor

>buy a $500 GPU that lasts for 3-4 years
>but $500 on a used aeron that'll last 10 years+ and will be used 8 hrs a day is too much

i have a $200 chair i got from staples. i sat in every chair in that place until i landed on that one. works good and comfy.

This. Ergonomics are very important. Get a shit chair and you'll be paying for it the rest of your life

How is the price range so wide though? What's the price point where chairs start to get decent, and when does it get overpriced?

$250-$500 is the sweet spot. Anything above that with "Executive" in the name is bullshit. Gamer racing chairs are terrible. Also, never get pleather, it'll peel. Real leather, mesh or cloth only.

Thanks user

Attached: 0_IMG_20220708_224818.jpg (1500x2000, 135.57K)

Neat set-up user, I'm moving into a new apartment and this is going to be the same for me if I don't decide on a chair soon.

My aeron did cost 750€. Expensive, yes. Absolutely great chair, also yes.

Work has these chairs. They are used 24/7 every day every year for over 10 years. One just started fraying at the base. Management bought new steelcase chairs. We used them for a week and then suddenly the old aerons were back without explanation, frayed and all.

I bought a used aeron for 400 in May
I used it 2 times before going back to my 5yo ikea chair
I like to lean back and to the side at times, literally slouch down while only using my mouse and watching videos on my left monitor
the aeron has no headrest and no shoulder support so my comfy slouching position is really uncomfy in the aeron
even after buying a headrest it was still not comfy because I'm on the right side of the chair while the headrest is in the middle
unused for 2 months
I'm sure it would be great if I only sat upright all day but there are times where I want to slouch
I will resell it for 500 soon and get a chair with shoulder support

The expensive chairs are not worth it. You could replace the $150 chair ten times for the same price. If it lasts at least two years you're getting an incredible deal. Personally I'd go for a chair in the $300 price range though.

Picked up Bestuhl J1 used for $70.
The quality isn't that of an aeron, but it leans back much further.

Attached: Bestuhl-J1-Mesh-Task-Chair_whiteandgrey_polished-base_front_1[1].jpg (717x717, 25.85K)

If you spend more for build quality then that's fine.

But typically expensive office chairs have lots of adjustable elements that add costs but don't make the chair more durable or higher quality.
And those adjustments are an utter meme, nobody needs them.
Managers just love the idea that they can boost productivity if only the armrests can be tilted back slightly or the lumbar support moved a little further down.

Aeron.
Got my work to pay for it.
Best $0 I've ever spent, by far.

If my chair breaks ill make one myself to be honest.
Ill rent a welding machine and a sewing machine. Im sick of this. Fucking chinks.

if you're going more than 150, just get a recliner
t. reclining right now

This is the dumbest fucking post. Jesus Christ. Never mind how much better the one expensive chair is versus the dogshit ten cheap chairs. If they "last" two years each before crumbling.

I've owned a Steelcase Gesture since January 2018 and it still looks and performs exactly as it arrived. Cost a thousand bucks shipped. No regrets.

I've been using the same chair for 15 years, it hasn't deteriorated a bit and it will outlive any office chair because it doesn't have moving parts or soft materials. 50 bucks.