The Best Desktop Environment

In your opinion what is the best DE Any Forums?
For me it's Cinnamon, just works and it's not in maintenance mode like everything not KDE and GNOME

Attached: file.png (818x204, 50.57K)

Also, WM manager users please learn to read, refer to and refrain from posting on this thread.

MATE, because it's lightweight and just works. But the main point for me is that it has the old GNOME layout, which is better than Windows-like. Or it's just that I'm used to that.

>WM manager
ATM Machine

And a huge chunk of every desktop thread is comprised of people who use WMs.

For me, it's KDE. I left GNOME because I got tired of Nautilus freezing up when opening directories with a lot of files, while Dolphin slides through them with ease. Also, I lost hope of GNOME ever implementing icon grid view in the file picker.

KDE Wayland

Attached: file.png (1312x1124, 1.41M)

Yeah this is Any Forums a lot of people are unemployed.

>t. bot

Attached: maxres.gif (640x406, 1.27M)

Whenever I try to render something in Blender, Gnome's window manager hits the floor for some reason. The framerate at which the UI operates takes a nosedive during rendering.

I have not encountered this problem with KDE.

kde never gets in my way while gnome is just stupid whenever you want to change anything. Kde is made to be modded and changed to fit you whilst gnome devs expect you to change to fit their de.

Every design choice in GNOME is retarded, feels anti-user and the community and devs spend lots of time and effort forcing their views in the "you're holding it wrong" spirit.

They can go screw themselves.

KDE is nice. I wish it was less buggy though

xfce for me, but I not that sure about the theme I use (graybird) but I dislike flat themes so I stick with this one

There is no best DE, there is only the best DE for you.
I use gnome because i want a distraction free desktop that "looks good".

There is no "Best DE", the most versatile would be KDE in my opinion but that doesn't make it the best.
Every DE offers design, options and programs that suits the needs of the target user.
I'd say that all of them are pretty good at what they want to accomplish.

kde nightlight op as fk

Attached: Screenshot_20220708_221931.png (2560x1440, 509.01K)

I love cinnamon and plasma, but I use the latter simply because i'm used to it and it outperforms cinnamon while being (allegedly) more bloated.

mate is passable. it was a bit incomplete imo last time i used it.

Attached: fghj.jpg (768x1024, 69.21K)

anything but gnome fk those people

LXDE, but remove everything except openbox, lxpanel and optionally lxterminal, pcmanfm, lxtask, and leafpad.

XFCE. Stable, minimalist, light, customizable. Very based

Attached: gigachad-thinkpad-5d9ec412ac83a-3285074170.jpg (758x644, 23.6K)

They are all dogshit and use way too much screen space.

XFCE>MATE>KDE>GNOME>CINNAMON>LXDE

XFCE
CINNAMON
KDE

power gap

LXDE
MATE

powergap

budgie
lxQt

gnome. i spend 99% of my time in a browser so every other option offered by a DE aside from keybinds, super key + search is left by the wayside for me
i could probably do exactly the same for less with a wm but the time spent adjusting will never be made back

kde first, xfce second
maybe i am lucky but i have never experienced any major issues with either
they just work for me

herbwsutlfrwm