What's your favorite "it just werks" distro? mine's ubuntu

what's your favorite "it just werks" distro? mine's ubuntu

Attached: Ubuntu.png (1700x1700, 216.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brave.com/linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For me, it's Mint.

((snaps))

I do like the cinnamon desktop environment!

>sudo apt purge snapd

Shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1635188023085.gif (737x720, 646.47K)

>sudo apt install firefox
and its back

Ubuntu as well. Also kde is really nice for laptops, on desktops I use xfce.
I have tried debian also and it was fine, but packages were very old.
Arch had strong reliance on third party AURs which isn't good imo.
Haven't tried fedora yet, but I heard it's really good

Ubuntu is shit since they remove unity.
Just use Fedora.

i'm not a fan of XFCE, but I'm glad that you enjoy it!

Bunsenlabs

Ok, have a nice day.

Not my problem
brave.com/linux/

I don't like vanilla gnome, and I prefer ubuntu's way of managing the NVIDIA drivers!

I have also heard good things about fedora, but I personally prefer ubuntu's driver management app. I haven't used arch since I would have to configure power management for my laptop and that's a lot of effort!

For me it's the opposite, ubuntu is completly broken with my nvidia card when Fedora just works.

any ubuntu distro. I started with ubuntu, then I did some distro hopping (manjaro, opensuse, arch) and in the end I came back to ubuntu because back then it just worked for me. I'm now using KDE Neon and I will keep using it since it hasn't let me down so far.

Debian.
The amount of autism goes from minimal debootstrap and installing and configuring everything from base system to live cd with calamares installer to get everything done.
Or you can build your own prepared iso with all needed programs, repositories and configs using live-build.

question for you footfags:
is gnome better on fedora or ubuntu? I've been trying both on separate machines and I'm leaning towards the latter although I like fedora in general. But lately fedora's gnome will just do retarded things for me, like open "save as" dialog boxes in some hidden window; can't get nautilus to fucking sort folders/files properly and have it stick across applications; apps/files don't have proper icons; etc. I'd wager I have issues because I'm retarded but then again I don't have these issues on ubuntu's gnome. should linuxbabbies just stick with ubuntu?

fpbp

Mint has been the standard of n00b-proof Linux for years, now. Ubuntu hasn't been relevant since 2013 so I have no idea why people still post about it.

Attached: mint.gif (582x954, 152.38K)

Arch, Ubuntu is a bigger thing

openSUSE

Attached: OpenSUSE_logo.png (5000x3165, 310.63K)

Arch, Ubuntu is for niggers

gentoo, unironically
it just takes time to compile, but otherwise it doesn't require much maintenance

PopOS
Ubuntu + window tiling - snap = just werks

My personal favorite distro, though I have managed to break it before in the past (may just have been my hardware) and it requires some of the same initial setup as Debian, mainly resolving touchpad and screen-tearing issues.
I opted out of installing it on my current machine since they haven't had a major release in nearly 2 years, has me worried the project is going the way of #!. Is it alive after all?

Ubunga makes Gnome usable. Oob with a panel, desktop icons, and fractional scaling are all things Gnome should have but doesn't. Recently switched after liking the live environment during some data recovery.