What is TPM and why does Any Forums say that its bad ?

What is TPM and why does Any Forums say that its bad ?

Attached: file.png (1024x544, 397.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-cryptographic-attestation-of-personhood/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/tpm/how-windows-uses-the-tpm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have no idea, but I will listen to Any Forums.

>What is TPM
A secure key store.
>why does Any Forums say that its bad ?
Because they don't know how to use it and only see Microsoft and DRM shit in it.

all i know is that its some crap you need for Windows 11.

turning it off made my PC not be stuttery shit

TPM stands for Trusted Platform Module, it was developed by the Trusted Computing Group and so far it has just been used for Bitlocker encryption. But it can be used like a smart card to authenticate you on web services and to lock the computer when there were changes to its hardware.

blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-cryptographic-attestation-of-personhood/

Any Forums says Pluton is bad, not TPM

>secure
yeah nah it's not secure. tpm been exploited for years. it's why micrococks is pushing pluton so hard. it's "secure" but serves similar purpose. how secure is yet to be seen. i'm sure someone will hack the shit out of it soon enough.

TPM is also bad

and can even lock your computer when there weren't any changes to the hardware

why ?

the only reason

It turns your computer into a phone. Pluton has TPM as core element.

>It turns your computer into a phone
how so ?

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/tpm/how-windows-uses-the-tpm

It is essentially a fingerprint for your computer. Any Forums says its bad because they think the NSA has backdoors in it (they might)

>(they might)
evidence? not saying I don't believe it but I wanna know how scared I should be

> thinking that NSA backdoor evidence would not be removed from the internet

I don't have evidence, but there is no proof it isn't there because the internals aren't open source, and the NSA has done sketchy stuff and tried to get backdoors before. There is no proof, I'm just saying it's not a totally schizo fear. Personally, I doubt they have done it, but I 100% believe the NSA would if they could get away with it

if you have a physical tpm on your mobo what happens if you try to reinstall windows or change hardware around? will any problems arise?

(From personal experience) On the enterprise side of things, you have to enter in a key, your sysadmins have to enter in your key to reconfigure tpm and allow the boot. On the consumer side of things, I assume Microshaft holds the TPM key so you have to go through some retardation to get your key to allow the reconfig and boot