How do you upgrade this? I'm looking to replace the monitor but what can swap in after that? Thanks

How do you upgrade this? I'm looking to replace the monitor but what can swap in after that? Thanks.

Attached: 84826.jpg (727x529, 70.81K)

GPU can be upgraded easily, same for monitor.
if your mobo supports 32gb of ram, then that can be upgraded
you'll have to buy used or nos if you want to upgrade the cpu, 4790k is a solid one from that gen.
id just get a new gpu and monitor, then start setting aside money to get a newer mobo, cpu, and ram set up

Best gains would be had from a new CPU, but that would require a new mobo and RAM. Going to Zen 2 (e.g., R5 2600) with a B450 board would set you up well for a future upgrade to Zen 3.

Second to that would be a GPU upgrade to 10-series or anything with 8GB of VRAM.

Depends on your budget though. If you can't afford to do anything price you're best off sitting pretty since your system is still more than viable for 90% of usecase and even most games.

>1600x900
holy aids at least get a 1920x1024 dude

>How do you upgrade this?
you don't? that looks like it will be perfectly enough for another 10 years
i doubt you do some heavy 3d rendering or other resource-intensive tasks
invest those money on improving your quality of life instead

1080*

look for a quad xeon that has hyper (i.e. e3-1240 v3) and maxx out the ram, also add a 970 evo plus 1TB ssd as a boot drive. gpu next if you can find a cheap one, that 970 is a joke 3.5GB meme

5600X at least

you can get some surprising mileage out of that still, grab an i7 4790k and a 1080 8GB and you'll be set for 1080p gaming and light productivity loads for a while.

Fuck I forgot the motherboard, is a Gigabyte H97.

Why would you overpay for such a shit upgrade
That's dumb, more like a sidegrade and waste of money

>and a 1080 8GB
Bottlenecked by the 4790k, check benchmarks if you don't believe me

>quad xeon
enjoy your $2000/month electricity bill.

that xeon costs $20-30
ram and ssd are cheap. $30-40 for 16GB more
a 1TB evo plus nvme costs around $100 and it's a worthwhile upgrade. lower down the list, the cpu is #1 here.
you're just retarded, stfu

>(e.g., R5 2600)
Meant R5 3600, though anything half-decent will do so long as you're going to upgrade, and you won't be losing any performance relative to even the best 4th gen Intel chips.

the wattage difference is that the xeon has no igpu, but
>$2000/month
kys

Attached: Untitled.png (805x1150, 73.09K)

Also the monitor I'll get this weekend is a 2560 x 1440 27 inches one. Will the 970 do well enough? Is the only upgrade I can afford until October or more probably Christmas. Last year I upgraded the RAM up from 8 GB and got the SSD as well, to boot and essential programs.

I use this PC mainly to draw and animate, watch movies and the like. When I game I play strategy and racing games, nothing else.

for that "upgrade" he needs to buy new ram and a new motherboard as well, you dumb-dumb

look for that xeon i mentioned, it's worth it especially for your drawings

Yes, hence I mentioned how it's only possible if he has the budget. Thing is, he'd be setting himself up for something far more viable in the longterm, and far more efficient, than if he dumpster-dives for old Xeons or a 4770K.

consider upgrading to 32gb of ram if you use krita. my set up is comparable to yours and the rendering speed improvements after going from 16 to 32 was huge.

that xeon is like $20-30 and it's worth the upgrade. stfu, really

I have your exact same specs (except for less RAM) and a 1440p, 144Hz monitor. Don't worry, it runs fine.

Attached: file.png (744x369, 13.59K)