How much time does it have left? this thing is the only reason why LooNix is still alive

how much time does it have left? this thing is the only reason why LooNix is still alive.

Attached: download.png (225x225, 2.49K)

>he doesn't know
good way to out yourself as a completely retard, faggot

Good question. Are there ARM laptops that actually have a future? I'm not enthusiastic that the Qualcomm ones will be supported by Linux long or at all.

my bet is it will outlive arm and maybe some other memes like riscv

This.

I've been using an iMac M1 for a while now, I am a software engineer so I have an IDE open all the time plus other tools, but I also use Photoshop with big files in my free time.
It surprised me how smooth and quiet it is, while performing quite well under most loads.
Then one week ago my company gave me a Macbook pro with an Intel i9, supposedly the best x86 cpu shipped with this laptop. Man, what a piece of shit. It runs HOT all the time, fans spin up like crazy and the whole thing becomes a noisy mess. Absolutely disgusting.
I can see why Apple ditched x86.

What? Almost everything non x86 relies on Linux. Did you meant keeping Windows alive?

Considering that the last Macbook Pro that had a i9 in it was a Coffee Lake chip that would make sense. Why is your company giving you an EOL laptop?

user, x86 has been irrelevant for almost 20 years now.

Attached: qyLOnF30_400x400.jpg (400x400, 30.92K)

Just like C, it is here to stay.

Attached: applenigger mod thread violates only rule in the sticky.jpg (840x904, 438.42K)

Nakadashi

they ain't wrong, AMD64 / X64 has replaced X86

AMD64 is merely just an extension of x86.

it's a 2019 Intel i9 2,3GHz 8 core, the last model featuring the touchbar I believe.
It's not a ten years old laptop user, it's faster than most laptops out there.
It's just incredibly noisy and hot under full load. That feels wrong.

Seething tranimeposter

Yeah and x86 is an extension of 8080, there's even binary compatible x86 CPUs to 8080
So you're saying we should call it 8080 and not x86? at least by your logic

Does it even matter? CPU's are so advanced that the instruction set is merely an abstraction for what happens under the hood.

Yes

>Does it even matter?
Yes
>CPU's are so advanced that the instruction set is merely an abstraction for what happens under the hood.
All that complexity has a cost in terms of debugging and time to market, power consumption, latency and chip area. The x86 is patched up beyond belief, all without retiring junk like BOUNDS or x87. That has a cost in code size. The x64 is better but they were still beholden to some legacy gunk.
ARM has been willing to retire misfeatures as the ISA is updated.

we are talking about SOFTWARE here bro