Systemd is now a Microsoft product

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Systemd-Creator-Microsoft

It's so over Linux-bros

Attached: systemd.png (832x320, 43.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msn.com/en-us/news/technology/systemd-supremo-lennart-poettering-leaves-red-hat-for-microsoft/ar-AAZk8bh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Microsoft already has had several contributions in the Linux kernel itself for years. This changes nothing.

Microsoft can't un-LGPL Systemd.

This is fake news. The article doesn’t provide any evidence that he’s working at Microsoft.

Void trannies paid phoronix to write a hitpiece.

faggot op is using comic sans as the default font

Did you read the article you posted?

This may take many by surprise but let's not forget Microsoft has over time employed a number of Linux developers and other prominent open-source developers... Microsoft currently employs Python creator Guido van Rossum, GNOME creator Miguel de Icaza had been employed by Microsoft from 2016 when they acquired Xamarin to earlier this year when he left, Nat Friedman as part of Xamarin-Microsoft served as GitHub CEO following Microsoft's acquisition, Gentoo Linux founder Daniel Robbins was previously employed by Microsoft, Steve French as the Linux CIFS/SMB2/SMB3 maintainer and Samba team member works for Microsoft, and Microsoft employs/previously-employed a large number of upstream Linux developers like Matteo Croce, Matthew Wilcox, Tyler Hicks, Shyam Prasad N, Michael Kelley, and many others beyond just the usual immediately recognizable names to Linux enthusiasts/developers. It was also just earlier this year that Christian Brauner as another longtime Linux kernel developer joined Microsoft. Christian Brauner is Berlin-based like Lennart and moved on to Microsoft after the past half-decade at Canonical working on the Linux kernel, LXC, systemd, and more.

At some point your code becomes verbose enough that you can only work at microsoft.

Attached: inddex.jpg (275x183, 5.73K)

msn.com/en-us/news/technology/systemd-supremo-lennart-poettering-leaves-red-hat-for-microsoft/ar-AAZk8bh

Don't care. Still not installing the shitty alternative you made in python

He's always been an NSA plant. SystemD is the backdoor

>source: the same phoronix hit piece
lmao

No it's different when the guy who finally gave Linux a coherent underlying system does it

>gentoo
He left ms and made the most "linux" distro after nix precisely because he hated microsoft that much
>a bunch of windows-first projects
lol ok
>python
>gnome
>lxc
>systemd
lmao

I just can't why people that work on FOSS linux software suddenly turn 360deg and go work for Microsoft of them all.

The so-called Linux community is supposed to be "smart" but I see that gets challenged repeatedly.

This "article" is completely unable to provide a singular source of what it claims, unless I missed something here is what it says:

>pottering left redhat (proof is that his RH email is not in use) -> verifiable truth
>then the author got messages from random people that he joined MSFT -> ok and?
>author says it's true -> 0 (ZERO) evidence
>goes on to litter the rest of the article with irrelevant boilerplate

The "linux community" ran with it, which is very astonishing to see. I guess this community is not very smart after-all, or at least the vocal demographic of it.

I can understand Any Forums toddlers are highly susceptible to propaganda, but HN, r/linux, google+ people are also blindly trusting an obvious hit piece.

It's all over the news, to those morons denying it. There's a 99% chance it's true.
Finally, systemd found its home where it belongs, at Microsoft. A shitty and invasive piece of software in a shitty and invasive company.
Like poettery.

Lennart, like Migual de Icaza, always was a snake from the very beginning.

Lennart and Microsoft could both issue a correction if the article is wrong.
Neither have.
You are coping.

I know that it's difficult to admit that pulseaudio and systemd have been projects created to destroy FOSS from the inside since the beginning after years of shilling them, even when no one even bothers pretending any more and the proof appears right in front of your eyes, but you will have to face the truth someday.

Actually if it was MSFT back in the mid 2000s, they could have sued phoronix but they are trying to maintain a politically correct image.
Microsoft is a trillion dollar company, they are in no rush to "correct the record", neither is Lennart as he hasn't yet disclosed where he's working.

Cope harder.

This is such sweet redemption. I remember the years of systemd fanboys arguing and shillling in favor of a piece of software that spins itself as having no substitutes in a very unfree way.
For years these faggots sucked off poettering and systemd.
I hope this is a nice cold shower for those clowns, you don't throw half a centuries worth of wisdom in the trash because you want a new shiny thing.
I hope this is also a lesson for Wayland. Let wayland get developed, choices are good, but stfu about deprecating competing software.

>pulseaudio and systemd
Back in late 2000's Linux was in complete and utter disarray and systemd brought some form of standardization to Linux. Linux without systemd feels like some random BSD and there is no hope for any big time software to be ported to these platforms.
Systemd is going to be very crucial in the days to come when the linux system settings apps are finally able to do anything more than trivial "changing the theme". The reason Windows has a proper control panel is because of the tight integration with the one and only service manager.

>the proof appears right in front of your eyes
what proof, exactly?

>I hope this is also a lesson for Wayland. Let wayland get developed, choices are good, but stfu about deprecating competing software.
Wayland is already doing serious damage to KDE. KDE devs are introducing new bugs to the X version at an alarming rate because most of them are only using/testing with wayland.

That's the charitable interpretation anyway. It might be intentional sabotage. Best case scenario is that divided attention between wayland and X is responsible for the decline in quality, but it's easy to see how this could be a deliberate effect of wayland.

>he thinks the init system is relevant to running proprietary software on linux
Actual idiot.

>Back in late 2000's Linux was in complete and utter disarray and systemd brought some form of standardization to Linux. Linux without systemd feels like some random BSD and there is no hope for any big time software to be ported to these platforms.
Almost all of the "big time" software was both developed AND portable before systemd made init and whatever else init consumed into a monopoly.
you're a real fucking moron and I can't believe you're still trying to justify the unethical practices of those pushing systemd.