Wiby is now free software

Hello Any Forums, I've been building wiby for quite a while and finally have it to a point featurewise where I think it would be useful for other people to build their own search engines. It is meant to run on cheap hardware and be easy to control once its installed. The installation might take you some time though.

The install guide is located at wiby.me/about/guide.html

Thank you

Attached: screen.jpg (487x269, 8.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiby.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the name sounds like willy and willy means dick lmao

Today OP was not a faggot.

Very nice.

That is really cool. I will look into it more once I get home

Well done! Fuck web 2.0 and 3.0

Thanks user this is great news.
Will you every make the current index of Wiby public?

Nice job OP. Will try to run it when I'll get an unlimited network plan, I assume it will eat quite a bit of data if you crawl through stack-overflow-like sites and forums.

From what I've so far it seems you create submissions of websites to crawl and the admin adds them into the list of places to checks.

Is it possible to create bundles of different domains to submit all at once, like an easily shareable package / text file with a list and does it supports * completion, something like amazon.* to get all the derivative websites ? Or can you for now only add top level domains one by one.

based, thanks. I love using wiby

thanks for open sourcing it, OP.
will look into it

Attached: 1657300122597.jpg (1920x883, 530.38K)

>Will you every make the current index of Wiby public?
Probably not. I want to encourage people to build independent indexes, although there's nothing stopping people from putting a shared index together.

>Is it possible to create bundles of different domains to submit all at once
There is the /bulksubmit/ feature that admins can access to submit lists of websites all at once. Not sure what the amazon completion thing is though.

>I assume it will eat quite a bit of data if you crawl through stack-overflow-like sites and forums.
It sure would. Probably not possible to do something of that scale without lots of money for hardware.

replied here

Are you really the wiby dev? Amazing work!
The first time I tried it was in 2020 and it still had that Google proxy feature lol

based wibydev

Yes, thanks! Its a shame I had to end the google proxy but it was too much of a time sink

Cool project OP

>wiby.me/
I see you index Neocities, nice. Google censors it.
Coverage of the Installgentoo Wiki is a bit more sketchy.

Free as in free beer?

im not really sure is that good or bad? Its GPLv2.

Very based

Awesome! Wiby is a really cool project and I've shown it to some real life people who aren't Any Forums spergs and people like it, at least as a novelty.

Uhh
How do we know you are actually the developer of wiby?

is this the mongoloid effect or was this called "wibr" once upon a time? i remember you first dropping this on here

you dont, and thats the beauty of /gee/