I still see no need to upgrade my Core 2 Duo

I still see no need to upgrade my Core 2 Duo

Attached: 1280px-Tokyo_Stabbing.jpg (1280x1117, 357.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/N5105I-H-rev-10#kf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Le double edge.
Kys

We get it you're poor

i prefer to expand nas with same money

Nice.

>core 2 duo
>NAS
Hope you don't plan on using Jellyfin lol

i don't think he means using c2d on the server

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/N5105I-H-rev-10#kf

>Using Core 2 Duo when Intel Tremont outperforms it for 10W TDP

TOP KEK, FAGGOT OP

Using old hardware until it breaks to save money and conserve the environment

>using old power hungry CPU compared to modern power efficient 10W CPU
>"conserve the environment"
excellent plan Sherlock

>my Core2 Duo is 15W
>My Alder Lake is 240W
hmmm

Just wait until we finally get standalone Gracemont chips, 10-15W 8-core atoms that have better per-core performance than even Haswell.

I own a 12900K, and have been considering moving into a small ITX build. Been thinking of disabling up to like 6 of the P cores. 12900K is the cheapest option thats unlocked and doesnt have disabled E cores

Seriously hoping for more low power socketed CPUs. I remember in the past there were laptop CPUs soldered onto LGA carriers coming from China; is this still happening? Would love like a 1260U on an LGA1700 carrier that I can throw into a Z690 ITX board

Attached: 9dga9swv5oo81.png (1280x512, 72.27K)

You'd probably have to wait a few years until those become obsolete, right now I bet every single one of those processors is already reserved for one of the big manufacturers.
Though I think the new Framework upgrade has a 1260P? You could get just the mainboard and put it in a 3D printed case.

Really want a decent GPU, though wouldnt mind getting a mobile version of that too. But looks like eGPUs, using thunderbolt, are getting to be pretty common and cheap.

I really like the Intel NUC Extremes; the new 12th gen ones have an LGA1700 socket. Theyre stuffing some pretty powerful chips with really small heatsinks in there. Kinda wish they would just put lower wattage chips in there.

but why would you get a mini pc outside of making it a streaming box or hooking it up to your tv
it just seems to me like getting a laptop or a regular pc is a much better deal

because what can fit into a mini PC is more than enough for my needs. The new NUCs have 12900s in them, as well as being able to hold a full size GPU. Why would I want something bigger when it can be smaller instead? If I want to re-arrange my apt, move, work on my PC, etc it would all be much easier with a smaller PC. A smaller PC could be sold together and easily shipped, a large PC cant be easily shipped. I can just keep naming reasons.

Laptop is just not an alternative. laptops have built in keyboards and displays, and batteries. things I do not want. I would rather that space be used for cooling, and expandability.

imagine if asanuma didn't get murdered by a schizo bros. japan might be a lot less cucked now

>japan might be a lot less cucked if their autism was weponized by commies
i'm not so sure about that, user.

I use jellyfin on a rpi3 what's the problem with core2duo?

you know the current year in japan is 令和4年 right