ITT post pointless technology that you want

ITT post pointless technology that you want

I want a linear ATX power supply with big toroidal transformer

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x384, 51.32K)

Why would anyone buy this? Is it some kind of audiophile scam?

I want more cases where the motherboard is turned on it's side like Silverstone's Raven cases.

Attached: raven-rv02-4l.jpg (1280x960, 319.83K)

>I want more cases where the motherboard is turned on it's side like Silverstone's Raven cases.
> he doesn't know

Attached: 1639011974777.png (829x415, 740.52K)

go away, audiophile.

yes, it's exactly that. some baboon on a forum found some psu used in hospitals etc. and think these are just perfect for audio cancer.

Attached: 1652472756087.png (1200x1743, 1.02M)

What, that they have a patent for the design or something? Not sure how much I really believe it.

I'm absolutely no audiophile but isn't EMI a real problem for audio setups?
I've had cheap speakers that pick up all sorts of interference.

Also maybe it's not for audio but for other sensitive equipment?
Obviously in hospitals they want to make sure EMI don't mess up diagnostic tools.

I think he's referring to the fact that some graphics card coolers don't work well in that orientation.

It's a pretty big drawback but it is something that can be overcome by picking the right card or using a water cooler.

It doesn't break down like the usual type of power source they make.
idk what the torus shape has to do with audio but as a transformer that's the best shape there is.

Oh I'm not worried about that shit. I just like the idea of having the I/O on the top where it's most easily accessible for me. Instead I gotta just turn normal cases on their faces to enjoy that convenience

>EMI

For audiofools it should only matter if it's in audible frequencies.

Hence why the old 2G phones interfered with your shitty PC speakers.

I've built some tube amps using chink switching dc-dc boosters instead of isolation transformers.

They are noisy but only bats can hear them, 50/60 cycle hum however, you can absolutely hear.

Sure, but it is also extremely inefficient. Linear regulators tend to have an efficiency below 50%, which is much lower than what any switching PSU could achieve.

Well don't regulate then and make the voltage with the transformer lmao

A newer system than my current i5 2400 and GTX 750. Completely pointless, I know, and I probably won't, but I still can't help but lust over the prospect of buying Zen 4 this fall.

Attached: w4ay.png (1972x1164, 3.08M)

Depends for what, it has quite high interwinding capacitance, so it's not the best for high precision test equipment

Absolutely not pointless It's a must for safety when working on electronics

Isolated/non-isolated and switch-mode/transformer are two separate characteristics. You can have a non-isolated PSU with a transformer, and a fully isolated switch-mode one.

>no regulation
>no protection
>no inrush limitation
>shitty filtering
yeah no. maybe with a 12VO motherboard that never uses it for anything directly, but otherwise fuck no.

i want cheap, old-fashioned ATX cases with drive bays, PCI slots and no glass

>isn't EMI a real problem for audio setups?
It can be, be the solution is already well known and standard in actual professional setups: balanced connections, such as XLR.

Why can't CPUs just work on 220VAC, imagine the power savings

switched mode power supplies are botnet, insecure, give you cancer, and reduce system stability

>some graphics card coolers don't work well in that orientation.
what the fuck are you talking about

efficiency is for fucking fagotts

the motherboard has switching regulators on board for CPU/chipset/RAM so it would make no imprpvement

Lol, gotta love retards

Attached: 1657206645204.jpg (194x194, 12.01K)