Fedora Silverblue

Has anyone tried Fedora Silverblue? Is it actually good?

I've been using Windows after years of Linux because I got tired of it being unreliable, but Silverblue sounds like a Linux system that could maybe finally be dependable. I don't see any real downsides, but am I missing something?

Attached: 1656388940715.jpg (950x800, 347.36K)

fuck off back to plebbit nigger

i tried, i couldn't install anything besides flatpaks
there is no reason to use that
dropped

Attached: 1657267759164.jpg (902x1280, 167.07K)

>linux
>unreliable
oh yes back to rebbit you go

Samefagging this hard.
Linux fucking sucks. It's unstable outdated garbage. Y'all can't even keep up to date with current versions of your own fucking software. The absolute state...

>couldn't install anything besides flatpaks
User error

yeah, but i am and >sucks
user error
>unstable
anything but this, it is literally the most stable operating system available
>outdated
kek
modern distros are very fresh
it is windows that still uses code from 1997 as base outdated
dumb nigger, go back to pleddit

>anything but this, it is literally the most stable operating system available
You don't have anything to back this up, you just say it because everyone else says it

>it is windows that still uses code from 1997 as base outdated
Unix ,which Linux is based on, is literally from the 70's

>You don't have anything to back this up, you just say it because everyone else says it
>
no, i say it because it works for me and never failed, unlike alternative systems like windows, macos, freebsd
>Unix ,which Linux is based on, is literally from the 70's
linux is not based on unix retard

>no, i say it because it works for me and never failed, unlike alternative systems like windows, macos, freebsd
Funny, because I've never seen Windows break in the ways that Linux does

Silverblue is a step in the right direction. The root filesystem being breakable is a misfeature

>linux is not based on unix retard
It's not build on the same codebase but largely follows the same principles. Windows NT is actually newer and it isn't even based on DOS like freetards always claim

Not bad but you need to reboot your system everytime when you install a package through rpm-ostree.

There're no reason to avoid silverblue if you are not hate redhat, systemd, flatpak and bloated things.

But I will choose fedora workstation though

>Fedora
G'evening m'lady

i've installed fedora and KDE on my laptop, it just werks and it's easy to use. so i guess silverblue is the same but way more idiot-proof and easy to use.

Attached: 1655836898258.jpg (554x439, 32.45K)

I tried it a few days ago hopped because of flatpaks slowness

I used Fedora Workstation for years and it just works until it suddenly doesn't

I'm just thinking about Silverblue, because I actually want a system that's idiot proof but I don't really like Microsoft. With traditional Linux systems it feels like you're always one mistake away from breaking. With modern day Windows you need to go out your way to seriously break it.

>Funny, because I've never seen Windows break in the ways that Linux does
in what way does linux break for you? like arch deletes your xorg.conf if you misconfigure it?
the way windows breaks in is just straight up refusing to work, having unusual glitches, explorer crashes, broken features as when the updater doesn't work no matter what
>Silverblue is a step in the right direction. The root filesystem being breakable is a misfeature
breakable filesystem? what?
>It's not build on the same codebase but largely follows the same principles. Windows NT is actually newer and it isn't even based on DOS like freetards always claim
using the same principles doesn't mean anything, linux code is modern while nt literally forces the user to interact with untouched code from 2001
also nobody claims nt is based on dos, take your meds

>I don't see any real downsides
True but you have to consider these first:
Do you like the idea of having your software primarily from flatpaks.
Do you mind using toolbox for everything CLI
(keep in mind that base silverblue is just fedora workstation without many desktop apps, so you are going to have the default set of CLI programs)
you can also add programs to the base with rpm-ostree

Fedora Silverblue would be perfect if It shipped with proprietary codecs (like h264), drivers (nvidia) and flathub (instead of the shitty ass fedora flatpak repo). also I wish flatpak could install cli software.

I tought microsoft got rid of silverblue because no one uses flash anymore

Attached: 321b451f6b07656e10e786d03eb487df.jpg (576x768, 56.78K)

The only reason why Microsoft doesn't publish a Xenix-based OS is because they're too retarded to maintain it and had to resort to NIH. And even then, the only way to make Windows remotely usable is with MSYS, WSL, Docker or some other (lower-case) unix or linux compatibility layer.

>(((y'all)))
of course OP is a nignog.