/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice:
pastebin.com/hjHkKDyM

>Any Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread:

Attached: 1636500567181.png (902x1020, 791.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailywtf.com/articles/the_complicator_0x27_s_gloves
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm looking for one of the really old cheap headphone guide image, or at the very least the name of the Panasonic headphones from those.

what headphones to get if I'm a big eared freerf?

MOTHERFUCKER! I just bought these headphones yesterday thinking there wouldn't be issues. I haven't even opened them yet.

Should I get a sound card for better audio quality?

Attached: 1657108356931m.jpg (1024x1024, 115.09K)

If you want, yes.
Be aware that the price to performance ratio plateaus at $10, though.
>apple usb-c to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter
>works with a usb-a adapter
Inside is a cirrus logic dac and amp all in one with a flatter sound floor than hardware that costs 10x as much, only drawback is that apple designed the case and it feels flimsy as fuck.
Also it doesn't let you fully max out the volume on android devices and it doesn't show up as an available sound card unless the headphone jack is connected, probably because this thing is mobile first in design.

Attached: apple dac.jpg (1836x3264, 2.07M)

>ear detection

why would my headphones need to detect my ears. If I plug you in and press play you fucking play I don't need you to tell me you found my ears.

Because you can take them off without having to press a mute button to keep your mom from hearing the loli hentai you were watching!

With headphones, I can just unplug them and it autopauses whatever was playing.

it has a display port multiplexer too. the whole design is just layer piled upon ludicrous layer of complexity, each trying to make up for the problems introduced by the previous layer of complexity. headphones don't even need a crossover circuit and they've managed to create the "need" for literally dozens of ICs.

thedailywtf.com/articles/the_complicator_0x27_s_gloves

Attached: 938ea65d-05b7-41fb-8258-6e9bf9b13f88.png (1022x526, 360.39K)

This is what an unlimited engineering budget looks like.

This one?

Attached: dphg.jpg (1313x1800, 319.9K)

>dan clark's current flagship is a modded fostex
nostalgic!

Yeah that's good, sadly the RP HTF600 isn't the one Panasonic with Foster drivers, figured it would be since everyone recommended it then.

you're probably looking for this one.

Attached: old.jpg (1734x1080, 641.85K)

Is there anything more beautiful than Audio-God amps and dacs?

Attached: B8F316D4-C451-48A9-8B9B-42D430684BF1.jpg (768x768, 112.07K)

It's because the Apple engineers with their infinite wisdom didn't want to include a power button so instead they over engineered this as a "solution".
They 100% designed the chassis first and then told the engineers to make it work.

Cat amplifier.

Attached: 123435.png (1142x1067, 2.01M)

The foam pads of my Xbox Wireless Headset are starting to break. I read online that they are somewhat standard, where is a good place to buy replacement ones in the EU? Apparently they are the same size as the Artic 7's

What should i buy then

as ugly as they look in those pictures, the black and silver chassis actually feels a lot more premium IRL

I wonder when the poorfag measurbators are going to show up and start sperging about AGD again