K&R vs Modern C

What does Any Forums think about the newer standards of C?

Attached: IMG_6541.png (473x359, 18.69K)

>C
>Modern

C46 ftw

K&R style is fucking awful. Any Forums will defend it for contrarian clout.

this

k&r is just to teach you to see language it's not to teach you best practices.

The reason that book shows up so much as an image macro on Any Forums is because it's a good meme everyone recognizes that book and it says see on the front with a big letter c

that book is the mascot of the sea language

That's ANSI C

Do not fall for the K&R meme. It's just a historical text, and a source of good challenges for when you already know how to program. K.N. King's C: A Modern Approach, or Beej's Guide to C Programming, are both much better options for learning C.

Who is learning C? No one! Everybody already knows C

Learn Haskell and Scheme

Attached: IMG_6542.jpg (1280x906, 297.23K)

>Scheme
No interactivity, debugger, central standard, or optimizing compiler with SIMD support. I'll stick with Common Lisp.
>Haskell
I'd rather not play type tetris. If I want to force myself into functional programming I'll continue using Clojure.

Attached: IMG_5109.png (1400x990, 1.91M)

Top looks like complete fuching trash and is retarded. Dont do this OP. If you don't want the retarded return exit success just return 0 or make your main return void if you don't care about return codes.

Top is exactly how Ritchie wrote C. No includes, retarded style. I know I have to return a value. In here EXIT_SUCCESS is a crossplatform return 0; because some retarded nigger OSes use 1 as EXIT_SUCCESS
Also returning a void is bad in C because RAX is not MOVed to a value and just RET is called so it is UB

C is a commie language that forcibly makes all resources shared! Avoid it at all costs

The fuck are you talking about? Fork is the OSs buisness. Sounds like you are just using a commie OS

There are no classes or private variables in C. rip

What the fuck is the shit on the top?

It's completely valid C78. Yes, this is K&R.

every programming language involves "type tetris". even dynamically typed languages. if your function output types don't match whatever they're being fed into that's a bug, whether it's in haskell or c or python.

It's niggerlicious, no wonder they changed it.