H.266: 40 fps

>h.266: 40 fps
>av1: 1 fps
who takes this meme freetard codec seriously

Attached: x9H0EIn7X5GJ.jpg (600x523, 59.65K)

jewgles and people who cut their penis off

h.266 is slower than av1 last i checked

Has anyone got an image example of a 266 encode?

People who don't want to deal with MPEG-LA kikes and their patent jewery.

i can encode HD video at 30fps with medium settings on my budget and outdated 2200G with svt-av1
it actually blows my mind how fast it is

medium svt-av1 is vvenc veryfast quality tho

Good thing the EU has such a vendetta against Google that they're going to force you to deal with MPEG-LA anyway

>AV1
will become the standard for streaming video
>h.266/VVC
will be the standard for official BDs, if not then in official torrent releases that aren't anime
stop trying to convince yourself that it'll be any way different just convert your shit to whatever you want to storage is cheap

anime will 100% use VVC though, because nyaa encoders love MPEG

the vvc default settings produce unwatchable video. to get par results, it's still slower

COPE
O
P
E

BUT WHEN YOU COMPARE SCREENSHOTS AND SWITCH BETWEEN TABS 10 SECONDS THE AV1 SCREENSHOT LOOKS 0.0001% BETTER AND YOU CAN SAVE 10MB PER VIDEO

vvenc is better at everything tho

nyaa encoders didnt used vp8/9 because it was shit compared to h.264
AV1 is actually finally not bad. Plus it would take time till h.266 encoders will be good (h.265 had the stink because x265 was not good)

Who cares ? I still use mp4.

user...

I literally can't remember a time in the last decade where I've either known or cared what codec a file uses, this despite being a Linux user.

so you will use h.266 in an mp4 file?

mkv is the superior wrapper though

It affects no one but google itself, realistically.

h265 was good, the one nigger than used av1 to be contrarian got shat on but stood his ground because he thought he was in a superhero comic