How much faster is running code written in C++ than written in python...

How much faster is running code written in C++ than written in python? Is converting python code to C++ worth the effort?

Attached: cpp-logo.png (502x284, 11.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20070301-00/?p=27803
youtube.com/watch?v=3PcIJKd1PKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

3 times faster

I don't know

maybe

Entirely depends on the kind of work you are doing.
That said the smart thing to do would be to keep your python and implement the performance demanding functions using C extensions

Do you even need speed?
Do you even know what your stupid nigger python garbage is doing to convert it?
Do you know what your shitty libraries are doing?
No, you don't know shit, that's why you are asking about C-- and not C.

It's also not even C--, it's C----, that is 2 minuses rotated on 2 normal -.

devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20070301-00/?p=27803
If you have to ask, you're probably doing something wrong

or you could just take the middle ground from the beginning (go, c#) and you most likely wont have any performance problems with your hobby projects ever

.001x to 1000x depending on the implementations

C-- exists and it's for the Haskell compiler. You niggermonkeys are somehow unironically discussing converting Python to C++. Kill yourself, niggermonkeys.

Find the balance with pybind11 and use both :^)

Just extend you existing Python code with C modules and get the best of both worlds.

Use pypi, c extensions, numpy, numba etc.

I also hate fizzbuzzers desperately needing fast low level languages for their 10 lines of code programs.

>C--
Good morning sirs. Why recent dinosaur language shillings?

Commit sudoku right now.

You dumb retard pitchblack gorilla niggermonkey, go back to webdev and make niggerliciously bloated webshits and commit suicide from estrogen.

youtube.com/watch?v=3PcIJKd1PKU

>nooooo my favourite youtuber luke smith said its the best language evar, now i spam Any Forums with "learn c--" because i learned to print hello world with it and therefore am a leet haggzor
You have to be over 18 to post here.
>nooo u cant enjoy making websites and make living out of it, you have to write botnets in assembly and spread them on youtube videos titled "free robux" like a real leet
YWNBAW, neet

Between10x and 100x faster depending on what the code is doing and how much "work" is does in actual Python code vs just calling into things that are written in a natively compiled language. This includes the interpreter VM implementation of python data types. E.g. if you just call numpy/scipy or similar you don't see too much improvement. If the Python does lots of arithmetic and/or logical tests itself you'll see far more speed up (unless you fuck up the implementation).

You have no fucking idea what I'm talking about. I'm saying that C-- is actually a real language as an IR for GHC, not a meme. Why are you so illiterate?
>look ma I pulled le ebin R18 card
The only niggeemonkeys who do this are the ones who are underage.