What I thought I was getting : What I got Thread

>forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=311&highlight=mikeeusa

>I was told:
>*You will be part of the dev community.
>*Fork will be an expantion of nexuiz just without the constraints LordHavoc has been placing. Nexuiz-fork will be free to expand beyond the bounds of just a First Person Shooter.
>*Some of my maps would be used, and spruced up.

>But when the fork happened:
>*"MikeeUSA need not apply (to either the dev community OR the wider community)"
>* We are removing things, changing the art direction, forcing the art direction, that is all. We are simply a DIFFRENT first person shooter than Nexuiz: for the glory and resume's of whoever's making the "art direction" etc decisions.
>*Get the fuck out we don't want you.

Attached: 800px-Xonotic_icon.svg.png (800x800, 352.03K)

>DIFFRENT
>.drops mac support.
>.joins google and becomes tranny.

>Akshully they delivered on the promise!

People would probably be nicer to you if you didn't sperg out about women, trannies, jesus and russia every post

>Still can compile on mac.
>SDL only though.

>"We will improve things"
>(reduces options)

It's like a government contract.

>People would probably be nicer to you if you didn't sperg out about women, trannies, jesus and russia every post

Their niceness would be worthless tho

Not really?
I don't talk about politics when I talk to people about programming or whatever. It's pointless and irrelevant

>What I thought I was getting
>A Unix Like OS I could get in, compile, and then get out

>What I got
>

Attached: Screenshot_2022-07-06 How do I fix this OSX build (C Code, worked in 2012, same code, compiles, runs, has memory errors now[...].png (1354x2902, 538.2K)

I wonder if you would've gotten some serious answers if you didn't include the last paragraph

Yes: it would be a fake niceness underlined by a submission to their normal-baseline groupthink.

Which is of no value for art. You can see that in the last 10 years of Xonotic: no movement whatsoever after 2012.

Nexuiz made much more progress in much fewer years because it didn't, at first, stifle discussion nor willpower. It was a true opensource project in that time.

>I wonder if you would've gotten some serious answers if you didn't include the last paragraph

Yea but a Russian responded positively to my post: isn't that enough?

I put the sourcecode on the ISO: it compiles under OSX; so mac faggots can try to make their own binaries. My friend is even going to try on an M1. Once the "advice" elsewhere was to go to every instance of an error and recode for mac: I knew a rabbit hole when I saw one. The issue is with Mac: not the 15 year old code that works everywhere else even on memory secure grsec platforms.

>Did you get it to compile?

Yes.
It runs too.
But now has errors when a strlcpy is encountered (which happens when you load a map: copying the shader name string to the texture name spot).
Errors only on new OSX compile. Works everywhere else (linux, windows, grsecurity-memory-secure-linux). The old OSX compile from 2012 of the same code works.

The process gets SigAborted by the OSX kernel once the code gets to strlcpy. This doesn't happen in the old OSX binary of the same code: only on a new OSX compiled binary.

Attached: 1501538550483.png (538x480, 170.22K)

is this xonotic thingy better than tux racer?

Hah! No!

That sucks, but Xonotic is still fun. Xonotic and Red Eclipse are great games.

It's my go-to game for testing a system's gaming performance quickly.

Too bad the engine feels outdated.

Outdated in which ways?

nexuiz was a good game, but then xonotic ruined it
why did they have to start fighting over a dumb trademark thing
the xbox360 port should have been given another name. it sucked ass anyway

Attached: 1566413339116.jpg (603x393, 43.11K)

just play worms 2 or hedgewars if you're using gentoo.
it doesn't look like modern AAA game.
free game engines produces much better graphics nowadays than this outdated SDL-complient Xono-meme.
OpentTTD is all you need.
but let me guess, you "need" more

Take your meds you fucking schizo. Fuck you.

Mike is so fucking autistic he literally cannot conceptualize being a good advocate for your cause and why doing so gets you what you want. Even when (big when) he is right about something, he is physiologically compelled to be a complete sperglord about it and go on eighteen different tangents about other unrelated bits. If he put as much effort into litigating the grsecurity faggots as he did habitually schizoposting on Any Forums and Any Forums, he would've accomplished something with his life the second he got barred.

Attached: 1615249990328.gif (153x198, 127.45K)

You don't get anything by being nice.
I got everything I wanted from Nexuiz/Xonotic, except for one feature: model cutting.
I explained the features I wanted: they were implemented. I then eventually sent cash over to the German who implemented them as a thank you, wash rinse, repeat. I felt good about it as he was a German.
Eventually I learned to do the features for myself.

> If he put as much effort into litigating the grsecurity faggots as he did habitually schizoposting on Any Forums and Any Forums, he would've accomplished something with his life the second he got barred.
Nope: Can't bring a federal suit unless your barred in federal court. And you can't get barred in federal court for years and need a sponsor etc.
Also we would need to win: not just have a nobody novice lawyer bring a case like this.
The suit would cost a 500k. Probably 750k now.

>and go on eighteen different tangents about other unrelated bits
Nothings free; not even my opensource work. You get my ideas with them. Same for these txt messages.

You don't get anywhere by being nice.
Lord Havoc is one example of someone trying to be nice, he had himself castrated: so much was his desire to "be nice". Other Xonotic devs say "well you don't know if we have not transitioned yet either". There is a cost to laying down your mind for others to control it. There is a cost to submissiveness and subservience. There is a cost for defying your internal will.
It is your soul and then your person.

Attached: ccirno.jpg (800x761, 79.69K)