Wonderboom Speaker And Playing Tunes Thru A Cellphone?

We had a raffle at work the other day (along with a free lunch) and I won a Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 portable Bluetooth speaker, ($80 on Amazon) as well as a Uline camp chair ($50) and a Uline picnic blanket (also $50).

Anybody familiar with the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 speaker?

ultimateears.com/en-us/wireless-speakers/wonderboom-2.html

Seems pretty cool but I’m not very tech oriented (54 year old “boomer” here) and I don’t know how to load the music from my computer into my iPhone 7 (for which I’ve downloaded VLC Player, that I’ve already been using for years on my Mac-Mini).

Please don’t say “just use iTunes/Spotify/some other app, you decrepit old fuck!” as I’ve already got 45+GB of music on my computer and most of it is flac flies.

If there’s no easy way to load the music onto the phone (or the phone simply won’t hold much music) can I load the music on a flash drive and plug that into the phone, playing the tunes via VLC Player and thus thru the Winderboom speaker gadget?

Attached: Ultimate-Ears-Wonderboom-2-1505x1536.jpg (1505x1536, 350.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SanDisk-iXpand-iPhone-Type-C-Devices/dp/B08JCX96NC/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>54 year old “boomer” here
If not larping how did you even find this site? And read the sticky.

The one I got is black but this pic clearly shows the size of the device (which is kinda heavy).

Attached: Ultimate-Ears-Wonderboom-2.jpg (1044x783, 185.89K)

I got my start with Windows 98 and almost immediately discovered DejaNews and have been posting to Usenet ever since (though admittedly, it's a ghost town nowadays) and eventually discovered Any Forums in 2010.

Attached: old man computer.gif (524x276, 1.31M)

>And read the sticky.

Does this really fall under "tech support"?

Well hello there, you decrepit old fuck

Why dont you purchase a regular smartphone, load that music on an sd card and either plug it to the aux port or connect it via bluetooth?

If you seriously want to keep that flash drive for music, then get a cheapo laptop

sincerely fucking you.
Any Forums tech support

Attached: 1657093186582.jpg (500x1000, 136.82K)

>Why dont you purchase a regular smartphone

How is an iPhone 7 not a "regular smartphone"?

> connect it via bluetooth?

I dunno how to connect my phone to my computer via Bluetooth?

> If you seriously want to keep that flash drive for music, then get a cheapo laptop

I already have a computer as I mentioned and it's got all my music on it but I'd like to occasionally listen to that music outside the house (when camping or ice fishing, etc) and this Wonderboom gadget seems like a cool way to do so.

I'm assuming the phone won't hold 45+GB of music and a flash drive would be an easy way to carry that music around when needed.

>can I load the music on a flash drive and plug that into the phone, playing the tunes via VLC Player and thus thru the Winderboom speaker gadget?
Yes. Look at lightning port flash drives.

You retards gotta learn how to respect boomers.

Fuck youre old.
Iphone 7's dont have a headphone jack. So you have to connect it via bluetooth, which first you'd need to load the music to said iphone by copying the songs to it from your flash drive. Which, being apple is a dumb hassle if you either have to go through itunes or the files app.

Its easier if you buy another phone with a headphone jack and an sd card port, old timer.

>Yes. Look at lightning port flash drives.

Cool, thanks man. What do you think of this iDiskk 128GB version for $40 on Amazon, it's got a 4.5 star rating?

Attached: iDiskk 128GB.jpg (1382x1344, 64.75K)

Get an android

>Its easier if you buy another phone with a headphone jack and an sd card port, old timer.

I got this one for free from a buddy who is in sales and gets a new phone every couple of years and I don't really want to drop that kinda money when this phone works fine.

As the other user suggested, I could get a lightning port flash drive, which seems like the best way to go?

I have no experience with iDiskk, I'm sure it works fine but my schizo days tell me to go for more of a SanDisk route. But then again, Amazon inventory is the lower end, like uncertain quality goods. See refurbished Amazon shit.

For 4 dollars more you can get an established name.

amazon.com/SanDisk-iXpand-iPhone-Type-C-Devices/dp/B08JCX96NC/ Try taking into mind warranty and expect failure anytime so keep back-ups.

OK. The iDiskk was just the first one that popped up.

I almost bought that speaker for its ratio quality/price and ability to work in the shower.

It doesn't seem to have any other way to play music other than bluetooth, so you either need to figure it out through iPhone, which I don't use and can't help (maybe that lightning port flash drive), or if practical, through your computer's bluetooth, if it doesn't have bluetooth you can buy a cheap usb bluetooth adapter to connect to it.

Btw, what content do you consume on Any Forums, not common to see an early genXer here.

>not common to see an early genXer here.
Im assuming Any Forums.

> I almost bought that speaker for its ratio quality/price and ability to work in the shower.

Yes, I was surprised to see it’s dust proof and fully water proof (not just water resistant) to 1 meter for 30mins. Also, a guy at work say he bought one when they first come out (payed $200 for it) and he likes it.

> It doesn't seem to have any other way to play music other than bluetooth

I did a quick read thru the Wonderboom website (as the gadget doesn’t come with destructions) and it says it’ll automatically connect via Bluetooth to the phone, so the main issue seems to be getting the music from my computer to the phone.

Do you know how much capacity an iPhone 7 has? I’m guessing not 45GB, so a flash drive is probably the way to go.

> Btw, what content do you consume on Any Forums,

I’m on tv, cooking, outdoors, sports, news, a bit of weapons and auto and occasionally some other boards.

> not common to see an early genXer here.

Sadly, Usenet is a ghost town but back in the day, it was rock’n (it was truly a Golden Age, we didn't know how good we had it) and while I do use Reddit a bit as it’s kinda like Usenet, in that it’s interest based forums (as opposed to shit like Facebook) Any Forums is really the last on-line forum where free speech is still allowed.

I dread the day if/when this place disappears, as there won’t be anywhere you can shoot the shit without getting the banhammer for stepping on someone’s toes…

why not convert all your music to mp3 so it all fits in your iphone? 45GB will probably turn into 3Gb. You wont be listening thru an audiophile headphone anyway, just an outdoor bluetooth speaker.

> Do you know how much capacity an iPhone 7 has? I’m guessing not 45GB, so a flash drive is probably the way to go.

Apparently iPhone 7 has 32GB, 128GB, 256GB models. I don't know how to check it.

>why not convert all your music to mp3 so it all fits in your iphone?

Most of my music is flac files downloaded off Usenet, which (in almost every case) sound much better then mp3 files.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC

Ok, thanks.

Attached: 635697248305732896-podcast-promo-3.24.15-dad-rock.jpg (1120x633, 49.24K)

>Please don’t say “just use iTunes/Spotify/some other app, you decrepit old fuck!”
use iTunes you decrepit old fuck
(unironically, this is how you will copy the music to your phone)

>use iTunes you decrepit old fuck

NO, I refuse to bow down to techno Wall Street!

Attached: wolverines.gif (512x288, 549.78K)