N-NOOOOO Y-YOU CAN'T USE ALCOHOL TO CLEAN YOUR MONITOR LIKE THAT!!!!

>N-NOOOOO Y-YOU CAN'T USE ALCOHOL TO CLEAN YOUR MONITOR LIKE THAT!!!!

lmao. Why is this old wives tale still floating around among tech people? This isn't the 90s anymore when companies would use sketchy plastics for their LCD screens. I've been using alcohol for cleaning my displays for over a decade with no issues. Even to this day you still have boomers using water to clean their LCDs because they actually still believe cleaning alcohol will destroy your monitor lol

Attached: 1647111125388.png (300x291, 54.97K)

why use alcohol when you screen is glass and you can just use windex, 409, or something else that actually works in cleaning

this is how i know you have zero hygiene and your house is a bastion of bacteria

For me it’s bleach

you have no idea what im talking about. there is almost a consensus with boomer techs that using cleaning alcohol or windex will destroy your LCD if you use it to clean it. so, they use water.

I use eyeglass lens wipes cause I got a box of 500 of them

What the fuck are you disgusting monsters doing to your monitors or tvs? at worst my monitors and tvs get dusty. a simple microfiber cloth brings them back to new.

Can confirm. Probably the display cleaning companies spreading FUD about using anything else but water. Went to help move my dad into his new house and his TV was such a mess you could see how he just smeared all the dirt and shit with a paper tower damp with warm water, doesn't even bother to wipe it down with a dry paper towel so water spots as well.
I used 98% isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber towel to clean all of it and while he was watching me clean it he was so concerned about me damaging it saying that I owe him a new TV if I break it
Needless to say he was blown away by the results.

Sometimes you just cough or sneeze and even if you cover your nose/mouth or look away there is a chance you mess up and some debris may land onto the display itself where you'd only notice it after it accumulates over a couple months or A LOT went on it at once.
For instance, I'm never really by my TV so I never have to wipe it down with alcohol, just light dusting every so often, until maybe 1-2 years later where I accidentally cough/sneeze while I'm walking past it which would be rare occurrence due to how many variables there are to avoid it

you cant turn your head away from your monitors?

look closer at your monitor when it's off and directly in sunlight. no way it's as clean as when you bought it.

it's mostly because water works fine. no need for anything harsher.

water leaves streaks while alcohol and window cleaners do not.

why would i waste good alcohol.

ask me how i know you get sick every year

Take your vax chud

>be me
>7 yo
>in computer class
>imac g3s
>kid pix studio deluxe fuck yeah
>at the end of the class the teacher would hand us alcohol wipes and tell us to clean the screen, keyboard, and mouse.
>would sniff the alcohol and loved the smell

>works on my machine :)

>alcohol doesn't ruin your scree-

Attached: fucked.jpg (1000x1400, 898.57K)

Yeah I can, LCD turbocoperino.

I've washed windows professionally for 2 different companies and we laugh at people who use "window cleaner" shit. We use dish soap. Dawn dish soap was preferred by one boss and Lemon Joy by the other. The guy using Lemon Joy says Dawn does just as good of a job, but he thinks customers like the lemon scent.
>so, they use water.
To be fair, distilled water should be all you need unless you are a filthy slob who touches the monitor and gets oil all over it.

I also want to add that one boss was convinced that Windex leaves a film behind that causes dust to cling to it. I don't know about that, but heavily windexed glass has a weird thing going on where soapy water will separate on it, so it definitely does leave something behind.