What sorcery/technolo/g/y is this?

What sorcery/technolo/g/y is this?

Why are VP9 WEBMS so good?

Attached: 1657232188820.webm (1244x700, 2.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9#Technology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_for_Open_Media
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's old tech, VP9 came out in 2013.
it's already replaced by AV1 videos, which is just now starting to get adoption in browsers. has maybe twice the quality of VP9 for the same bytes.

Any Forums should add support of webm with the AV1 codec

no it shouldn't because AV1 takes a full CPU core even on an i7

All modern GPUs and phones can accelerate AV1.

the only reason it doesn't do that with VP9 is because GPU has built in rendering and new GPUs are adding support for AV1

not adding AV1 support just because some people use potato hardware would be retarded

the most amount of information in this video is the text that pops up. the only reason people wanted vp9 support is because if someone had a webm they did not make themselves or purposely for this site you could not upload it. ive seen some impressively 12 min stuff but in your case your little powerpoint is probably better off as a gif.

>phones can accelerate AV1.
not yet
>All modern GPUs
cheapest one is either a 3050 or an intel xe laptop which

>not adding AV1 support just because some people use potato hardware would be retarded
"some people", ie. < 1% of current user marketshare. do they teach numeracy in amerilard schools?

nigger browser support of AV1/AVIF is brand new and how the fuck is the marketshare supposed to grow if websites don't allow it to be uploaded? activate your brain before typing.

Attached: goggles.gif (245x187, 1.93M)

>how the fuck is the marketshare supposed to grow
by not costing hundreds of dollars just for the cheapest compatible gpu, which the vast majority of people will not buy

someone said vp9 takes more cpu to playback than vp8 is that true? I don't notice a difference

you sound like a JXL fanboy or something. heaven forbid Any Forums is at the forefront again like they were in helping to popularize webm in the first place. guess we have to settle with being happy they finally support a 9 year old codec.

it takes some more resources but it's not noticeable since it's a 9 year old codec.

depends if your gpu supports decoding it

See the list of improvements at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9#Technology or the attached screenshot.

Attached: screenshot.png (1200x1122, 180.73K)

thinking about how smart the people making these codes are makes me dizzy. and then there's AV1 which is even more advanced.

Ask yourself why it took so long for 4chin to get VP9

Yeah video, image and audio compression are highly specialized applications of mathematics and I laugh anytime some copetard tradie thinks you can become a programmer and create anything of value without without a strong math base.

I asked myself but the only answer I gave was "because hiro is a fag"

That’s the right answer.

programming is about logic and not math.
i mean, you need math but it's child-tier math. those rare times you need advanced math you can just look up the formula or even a standalone function. master mathematicians with bad logical thinking won't be good programmers.

Video is one of the biggest industries on the planet, there's a ridiculous amount of research and monetary backing from the biggest corporations for it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_for_Open_Media
>Its first project was to develop AV1, a new open video codec and format, as a successor to VP9 and a royalty-free alternative to HEVC
>The governing members of the Alliance for Open Media are Amazon, Apple, ARM, Cisco, Facebook, Google, Huawei, Intel, Microsoft, Mozilla, Netflix, Nvidia, Samsung Electronics and Tencent.

I make $533333567 a year as a plumber. Trades are where it’s at. After a long day of making infinite money, I like to watch Dirty Jobs on Amazon with my 8K OLED TV. I even have good insurance so my MRI last week only cost $50. Those “learned” people have nothing on me.

VP9 was a thing when moot was a thing.

hiroshimoot got rid of google's direct spy highway with recaptcha and for that im thankful. and VP9 did come eventually. but on the other hand he ruined Any Forums with lowered file size limit and a bunch of overlapping boards (Any Forums has FOUR random boards, come on).

they made the things you enjoy, without them you just have more pipes to come home to

>Any Forums has FOUR random boards, come on
I'm curious what you consider the other 3 to be?

Any Forums, /s4s/, /bant/, /trash/

it's not a consideration, they are random

not him but /s4s/ doesn't have a topic afaik, /bant/ literally has random in the title, Any Forums is basically random, /trash/ is absolutely random

i didn't count Any Forums because it at least have a unique angle to it

r9k is basically Any Forums lite actually, since it's topic-less but with the "don't post these outside of Any Forums" rule