/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

*Sick edition*
Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1657231734954.png (967x1057, 131.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

falstad.com/circuit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do some people say that QR codes are gonna run out? Isn't QR just like a visual codification algorithm? Meaning if you make a QR out of the same text you'll get the exact same QR output

Attached: 1545016796128.jpg (240x240, 16.87K)

I’m in need of help. I have a iPhone 7 latest iOS update with 4G with Verizon, never had issues, always fast and available. Few days ago I couldn’t connect to the internet, even though I have full bars & can make calls. Internet is near impossible to connect and when it rarely does, it loads forever, like 30 min or more forever. Customer reps are gas lighting assholes. One admitted there was congestion, the other 3 said there isn’t, and the last said it was an outage and now it’s fixed (lol it’s not). It works when I go in one direction of my home 6 buildings down but I head towards the other direction, there’s none. I don’t get any until I hit 15 blocks further. Verizon refuses to cooperate. I haven’t even hit my unlimited data limit, you’d think it’s a throttling issue but it isn’t. You’d think they are picking on my phone specifically but if that’s the case why does it work when I go to that direction 6 buildings down? I don’t get internet on my phone until after 6PM~, around 9pm it’s fluid speed. Now for example, it’s loading a long time. What the fuck is going on and what do I do?

>he doesn't know
enjoy paying $5 per code in 2023. I've already generated enough to be set for life.

TLDR they are retarded.

>he's not still generating QR codes so he can have a stockpile to sell himself
It's like printing money!

I'm planning on setting up a farm but I need to build a new RAID array to store them, hopefully will be done in a week or so.

You need another phone on their network to test the signal and verify whether it is your device specifically or not. Get a friend with Verizon on the same communication band as you to tag along for a ride and test connectivity. Report back with results.

I'd like to positively identify which device is our primary DHCP server, but I don't have access to our gateway to see where we redirect our traffic to. Is there a method for confirming if our gateway is also the DHCP server? Can I identify what device/IP it is if there is a redirect? I have domain admin privileges for managing our Windows Servers, but I'm a bit new to this level of management environment.

>You need another phone on their network to test the signal and verify whether it is your device specifically or not. Get a friend with Verizon on the same communication band as you to tag along for a ride and test connectivity. Report back with results.
I just did, both of us are experiencing the same issue.

how do capacitors work? the book says that they are like resistors relative to the variations in voltage rather than the voltage itself. how do I calculate the equivalent resistor? why/how are this things useful? I don't get it. also recommend me a good circuit simulator

Attached: smd7.jpg (1400x875, 288.64K)

>how do I calculate the equivalent resistor?
impedance
>why are this things useful?
Sometimes you want to have a resistor that only works on certain frequencies.
>recommend me a good circuit simulator
falstad.com/circuit/

can't they just make the canvas a little bigger and then they have exponentially more codes to work with?

why does desktop window manager and client server runtime process use so much GPU on my new laptop? are there any settings i can change?

Attached: 1632531094450.jpg (797x797, 101.12K)

>Is there a method for confirming if our gateway is also the DHCP server?
Connect a computer to your network, wait until it receives an IP address, check its logs to see who gave it the IP address.

>how do capacitors work?
They store electric charge, thus smoothing voltage oscillations in a circuit.
>how do I calculate the equivalent resistor?
The capacitor's spec sheet will list its resistance, however no resistor can be "equivalent" to a capacitor, they work in different ways and have different purposes.
There may be specific applications where a capacitor can be replaced with a resistor, but that's not generally the case.

Screenshot? OS?

>Screenshot? OS?
win 10. heres what it looks like while scrolling through Any Forums on firefox. idk if thats "high" or if its just hardware acceleration. even though i have it turned off.

Attached: 1628072159875.png (993x68, 10.05K)

How the fuck do I get VP9 encoded webms to play in palemoon? Moonchild doesn't seem fussed about the issue but very rapidly most webms are just not playing anymore since everyone is moving to VP9.

I've tried every fucking fix I could find and nothing has helped.

I don't think that's very high. GPUs downclock when idle so 21% at minimum clock might only be 1-2% at maximum clock.

I can't access Any Forums over mobile data, any idea why? as soon as I turn on WiFi it's accessible and I can't find anything about my carrier blocking it for extremist content or some bullshit
>inb4 phoneposter
only at work

How do I start the rendering of the project in kdenlive? I cannot find how to add the job to queue. Clicking Render to File does nothing.

Attached: Untitled.png (625x450, 31.72K)

Just use a VPN or Clouflare Warp

hm, i didn't think the browser handled video codecs. for example, most graphics cards accelerate rendering of VP8/VP9 videos.
maybe you can enable "hardware acceleration" for webms in palemoon and that forces it to not get rendered by the browser and therefore work?

Attached: delicious.gif (480x470, 1.06M)

See , capacitors collect and store charge when their are voltage potentials on either side of the component. Capacitors are also "reactive" in that their behavior is dictated by how the voltage on either side changes. The sister, "reactive" component to a capacitor is called an inductor. Inductors and capacitors do not have equivalent "resistance" to resistors, but you can have equivalent "impedance", which factors in both resistances and reactance.

adding to this, if that doesn't work i'm afraid you may have to wait until they fix it and set webm files to "download and open" in the meantime, opening in your external media player.

i think VP9 first came out in 2013 so if it isn't implemented yet i wouldn't hold my breath