How can people use this dogshit? seriously...

how can people use this dogshit? seriously, it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to move within a config file and make edits. in what situation would i need to use vi instead of nano?

Attached: vi.png (730x430, 4.79K)

>get filtered
>come to Any Forums and tell everyone you got filtered
>get shat on
is this what you're trying to achieve

>trying to use software that does things in an ass-backwards and an unintuitive way
>hurr durr filtered
go deepthroat a shotgun

It's legitimately faster once you figure out how to use it. I, a slow typer, type at ~100WPM at best. Anyone faster can move faster than me, especially if they know more shortcuts.
This isn't to mention the fact that you can also use a myriad of shortcuts to move even faster, search in the file, and also run other commands while using it.
That said, vim > vi for most people (including myself, I'm basing all of this off of vim), and really you should find a better way to get information on software than "act like a retard on Any Forums to get yelled at and told the pros of something"

>software is efficient but not friendly to newfaggots
>ass-backwards unintuitive
back to microsoft ide or even worse, xcode

>you didn't magically instantaneously know all the vim keybindings upon first opening the program?
>well, that just means you were... LE FILTERED

Attached: 1657233494565.jpg (703x800, 49.9K)

i just ran vimtutor like any other white man
you look like that

This is a post I can feel confident was not made by a bot. This is rare on this board. Bots don't run vimtutor

>i just ran vimtutor like any other white man
>you look like that

Attached: 1657234083727.jpg (514x866, 52.7K)

>20 minutes to figure out how to move
First of all, why are you even trying to use it?

what wm is this?

Youre not supposed to guess
Youre supposed to look up that stuff online
Im surprised its not on the man pages though just checked

>don't know VIM
>tried to use it
>didn't work
>therefore VIM is shit

Vi and by extension vim is meant to keep your hands in home row position as much as possible while dealing with text.
The problem is the learning curve for this and people like to go to what they're comfortable with so they'll use the arrow keys to move around and other things that make it all seem kind of pointless.
And if you're not learning the way the program was meant to be used then you're not going to have a good time.

Here is a way to think about vim. In a grooming kit you will have some familiar things like nail clippers and a file and tweezers and like some nose hair scissors....and then you'll have loads of other weird little tools that you have no idea what they're for. Now if you take the time to learn them you may wonder how you got by without them. If you don't take the time to use them you just have this kit full of stuff and you're wondering why you didn't just get the nail clippers separate. Why did you fall for the full grooming kit meme? The people saying this kit is great are probably just backwards and such.

>it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to move
is this you

Attached: 1612217947084.jpg (392x669, 101.91K)

Check the line that says timer on pic related.
Notice how it cuts it off.
Thats why i use vim sometimes cause it will never cut lines.
Some people sppatently run commands on regular vim. I dont seems kind of pointless.
Neovim is another story. Neovim is like emacs lite.
And no i dont usually use the tablet for this sort of stuff but im on the tablet rn.

Attached: Screenshot_20220708-073200_Termux.jpg (1600x2560, 711.79K)

>sppatently
what word is this supposed to be?

esl?

>he doesn't know about home row navigation

Are you calling me ESL?

i think he is for not being able to guess the correct word
i think it's "apparently", though i agree it's a tricky one, it's two letters off and both letters are next to each other on a qwerty keyboard

who can upgrade me computer to linux?

But you can navigate 0.3% faster!

QEMU doesn't use config files you stupid faggot