Whats the most effective way to learn (new) progeamming language...

Whats the most effective way to learn (new) progeamming language? I find myself forgetting some of the stuff and needing to come back to the book i studoed fromfor reference. What are your knowledge reinforcement strategies/methods?

Attached: 1656156516060.jpg (400x387, 35.27K)

nigga are you really asking what you need to do to not forget something you learnt? do I really need to tell you? I feel it's like someone asking how to not get tired after doing moderate exercise. guess what RETARD

have sex, incel

By learning more languages.
Once you learn dozen or two of them, you will realize they are all the same, just different combination of paradigms with some syntax sprinkled on top.
At some point you will just see them as tools with different usecases and quirks.

how do you not get tired after doing moderate exercise?
I really don't know the answer to either question

>guess what RETARD
what?

I learn with hands on learning tools from codecademy while taking notes on notecards. Something about using it and the physical memory of writing it helps me.

>Whats the most effective way to learn (new) progeamming language?
build things, read the documentation, and, if necessary, read the specification or implementation. just keep building things, things that are useful or interesting to you. maybe figure out how to draw pixels and make sounds and fuck around from there

C only has like 10 terms to learn, how do you forget, and if you know English the meaning should be obvious even if you somehow did. Other languages are garbage so forgetting can't be considered bad.

learn the basics and go into a fulltime job
being immersed in something 8 hours a day forces it to sink in
i learnt more in a month than i did in years

write an HTTP/1.1 server

>be coding something
>shit how do I do X, I forget gotta look it up
>repeat until you don't have to look it up

Build something with it, look up things along the way.

>being immersed in something 8 hours a day forces it to sink in
I may have to try this. I've been doing book chapters for an hour or so a day and it doesn't quite stick, I end up having to reference early parts

I know this is an unpopular opinion here but i think your real problem is your method of learning (with books). I watch an interractive tutorial or two on whatever i want to learn and then apply it in a practical project right after that. Then when my project is ~50% complete, i usualy find in tuts or Docs things that i could have done better so while i refactor parts of the codebase i already wrote while completing the program. If you learn by building programs on your own rather than reading Books and solving exercises you will never forget what you learned.

>Thinks that you need to memorize a programming language and you cant look stuff up sometimes
ngmi

You fags won't even spend money on a PC with a proper screen.
Just go away.

My brother is sort of pushing me to learn python from that one old looking mestizo guy on udemy but god the whole thing is boring and mind numbing. Good for him he found a decent job and has connections with fagman friends working at Amazon making it 200k+ salary

explain

Well like if you were trying to learn how to make circuits you wouldn't get a raspberry pi. You'd get a breadboard.
Because when you want to learn you get the right tools.

I get it now user, thanks for elaborating.

Writing an implementation of the language in the language.