/iemg/ + /pmp/ - In-Ear Monitor & Portable Music Player General

This thread is for the discussion of portable media players and in-ear monitors.

• /iemg/ Recommends HackMD:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu

• Extensive PMP Guide:
azalush5.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/dap-comparison-2022-01

• Why use a PMP instead of a phone?
>better DAC/AMP
>more output power so it can drive higher impedance headphones
>smaller sizes than phones for activities like exercise
>physical buttons
>headphone jacks
>some people can't use smartphone at work/use dumbphones

• How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source (phone or PMPs)
>Location
>Kind (in-ears or earbuds)
>Sound Signature (or genres you like, important!)
>Past gear and your thoughts on them (important!)

/iemg/ IEM Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame

/iemg/ Earbuds Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame1

/pmp/ Hall of Fame:
• Your phone
• Hiby R3 Pro / Pro Saber
• Sony NWA-55 + Mr Walkman mod
• Fiio M11+

/USB/BT DAC/ Hall of Fame:
• Tempotec Sonata HD Pro
• e1da 9038s/d
• Qudelix 5K
• CX-Pro Audio 31993

/TWS/ Hall of Fame:
• none(because people keep asking)
scarbir.com/

Old thread:

Attached: 1653774208128.gif (600x338, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/3256802890140013.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My favorite fumo so far that I have added to my collection. The Oxygen was what got me into IEMs and Chi-Fi 2 years ago; I loved it so much that I abandoned headphones completely. Having such a cute collectable is a nice way of showing my appreciation. I hope that Moondrop releases a Mitsuki fumo in the near future.

Attached: tanch_fumo.jpg (2202x1961, 411.03K)

Might as well repost my questions:
1) What are the stock CCA CRA tips called?
2) I'm using Abigail on my laptop to remove the noise. The problem is that Equalizer APO keeps "forgetting" the dongle from time to time so I have to launch 'Configurator' and restart the laptop every time. How do I fix this?

Whats a good apple dongle alternative for us scrubs? Or are the power issues overblown?

Attached: 1655548029785.gif (1400x1406, 1021.64K)

Based

wtf is a fumo
you collect plushies fag boy?

Nice to see another user who bought it (I placed an order 3 days ago so It's going to take a while to get here).
Also I'm waiting for them to release their 2 new shirts online and for the release date of the ZERO (bullet redesign of the OLA).

Attached: FWMBhkaVsAEm0vl.jpg (1365x2048, 393.5K)

If you're here you're prospects for sex are already dead so you might as well consider yourself an honorary homo too. No women is going to ever love a fucking nerd that gets butt blasted over arguing about which cheapo FOTM chinese cabled earphone toy measures the best and adheres to your schizo psychoacoustic target curve.

Attached: IMG_20220706_170354-01.jpg (3065x3065, 1.84M)

Hell yeah, dude. Still the best 1 DD IEM for 3 years and still going. Also, is that a T480?

Destroyed by Moondrop Chu

That faceplate looks odd?

Attached: 103720024.jpg (1080x740, 97.4K)

>tfw you will never be a cute 2D girl wearing an IEM storage pouch on a leg under a skirt

Attached: sad_tanch.png (320x543, 119.32K)

What are some eartips that emphasize bass?

Attached: ricardoUrwelcomesyou.gif (360x360, 3.37M)

>T480
Yes!

If you mean why does the font look thicker it might just be the angle, or there could have been a revision. Crin's for reference.
If it's not that idk

Attached: IMG_2646-2.jpg (4261x2842, 1.18M)

This is the meme chink cable of the week
Get the smoke no mic version
aliexpress.com/item/3256802890140013.html

Fell for this IEM/audio related memes so far:

NW-A55 with Mr. Walkman CFW: My first "modern" DAP. The battery life is killer and it runs all my IEMs perfectly. Favorite thing to take on long walks. Still trying to figure out and learn more about the benefits of the different versions of Mr. Walkman's custom firmware.

Abigail dongle: Transparent and powerful enough to finally use IEMs comfortably on my S20 FE. Will probably buy Avani to test it out and compare later on. Will probably get a long USB extension cable to use this dongle on my desk.

Apple USB-C dongle: I have one for an iPad mini 6 and the another one that I plug to a USB-C port on my computer monitor for easy accessibility. Good shit for 8 bucks. If one ever gets busted or damaged, I'll just go to the Walmart that's 3 blocks from my house and buy a new one, make a quick switcheroo in the parking lot, go back inside the store and return the old one inside the box of the new one to get my money back. Unlimited Apple Dongle Works.

Qudelix 5K: Can't live without having PEQ in whichever device I can connect this thing too anymore. So versatile and useful that I stopped using my desktop amp/dac stack and I'm planning on selling it. Without a doubt the best 120 dollar purchase I've made in something audio-related so far. Seems like I was high-IQ enough to have developed perfect muscle memory for the button controls after a few seconds of using them as I always see people complaining about this and end up buying the much inferior BTR5 because the 5K was "too hard" to manage for their monkey brains. Also thank god that the 5K is made out of plastic instead of glass+aluminum like the BTR5 does as the 5K BTFOs it pretty hard when it comes to the distance of the bluetooth radio range.

So far you bozos haven't let me down regarding your veiled-shilling/recommendations. What else would you recommend?

Attached: untitled.jpg (849x874, 54.89K)

>tips
Generic silicone. KZ/CCA doesn't even bother naming the stock CRA tips

>APO
First disable and uninstall APO. Check audio driver updates, clean install those, then replug Abigail preferably in a different USB port. Reset a few times to make sure dongle is ok. Then install APO again, configure. Also don't set your audio at any weird settings, keep it 24/32 bit 48khz

Based impressions. I may try those 2 DAP devices in the future as they do seem to be the most universally rec'd
>Other recs
Well what are your IEMs and what might you be looking for in an upgrade?

Yeah I think they're just using the exact same shell as with Hanas now, yours seem a bit more rounded around the edges

Thanks user will do