Passwords must include a special character

>passwords must include a special character

Attached: file.png (306x306, 101.57K)

just put ! or @ at the end

Thats exactly what I do, but its frustrating going to log in again months later, typing in the password variation I know I would use for that application and having to remember "oh these stupid fucks made me out an ! at the end"

Why aren't you using a password manager?

just give some program access to all your passwords bro! what could go wrong?

my passwords are sequences of shapes they are random and secure enough and are very efficient to learn/remember and input
I see no reason use a different method

as long as you are using a different password for everything you are good I guess
but don't use the same one for every website cause that's what I did before, and some trash website for gaming mods called nexus was hacked a few years back, and thus all my accounts were hacked
that's when I started using a password manager (Keypass)

for me it's underscore
t. european keyboard

It's opensource(Keypass)

>but don't use the same one for every website cause that's what I did before, and some trash website for gaming mods called nexus was hacked a few years back, and thus all my accounts were hacked
have you ever thought about changing 1 letter in your password to something related to the service your using? like making the nth character G when logging into google or something like that?

>Keypass
You just got phished bro

What is the point when the web browser remembers passwords?

i simply have a txt with credentials of accounts like facebook/instagram that i only use for stalking.
important passwords are memorised anyway

Still not very secure
All it takes for a hacker is to guess one letter
A password manager is far more secure
And it's far more user friendly as well

>facebook
>instagram

fucking normalfags i swear

Attached: 4EBA7764-DBCF-422F-95E4-8852AACF98FC.jpg (467x579, 63.35K)

i fucking hate when some limp dick sysadmin faggot thinks he knows more about security then me

Some retarded businesses ask you to go on their shitty facebook to take appointments though

I would if i had 5 figures in my bank account

It's a far better user experience anyway
It's not just more secure
It's easier to use as well
These banks that ask you to change your password every 3 months?
You do that in 10 seconds
And don't have to remember shit
All you gotta do is remember 1 password

Yeah but then id have to pay for a subscription and i hate subscriptions cause i always forget about them.

Nah man just download KeepassXC
It's free, opensource and runs on your machine

sounds like a lot of work
i store all my passwords as a plain text file on my desktop

>cause i always forget about them

thats the point

Attached: 5846174E-6016-4992-B491-138C6AF2FE42.jpg (654x821, 399.49K)

>it's OPENSAUCE THAT MEANS IT'S SECURE

It's only secure if people review the code changes, there been a ton of times open source shit's snuck stuff in because people were simply too lazy to look at the inner workings.

it's exactly the same only far more readable
you create an entry with the username and it automatically creates the password for it (you can change parameters for the password or enter it manually if you want)
all you gotta do is copy paste the username and copy paste the password, when you want to use them

If sha256 is good enough for bitcoin its good enough for your password

I agree but since this particular software is extremely popular and a lot of people and companies use it, I trust somebody knowledgeable must have reviewed the code

>he knows my secret

>If sha256 is good enough for bitcoin its good enough for your password
Doesn't matter if there are back doors grabbing everything while your unlocked on the program retard.
Because nothing like that has ever existed before... Like a big opensource software that some people injected shit into because they didn't like russia right? That never happens!

Opensource doesn't mean secure if everyone has the same mentality of "well everyone uses it so someone would have noticed!"

>make a password
fuck
>must be 8 characters
fuckfuck
>must have a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters
FUCKfuck
>must include alpha and numeric characters
FUCKfuck8888
>must include a special character
FUCKfuck8888!!!!