If the technology for Apple Airpods existed over a decade ago, why is apple pretending they're new tech...

If the technology for Apple Airpods existed over a decade ago, why is apple pretending they're new tech? How are they able to get away with charging a premium for their set?

Portable chargers existed 10 years ago. Bluetooth headsets existed 10 years ago.

Why did apple suddenly decide to hype up bluetooth headphones?

Attached: apple money pods.png (1119x797, 653.34K)

Try 20+ years ago

Apple realized that they can just remove the headphone jack and earn a shit ton of money, so they did it. Simple as that.
/thread

One word:
Courage (((Chicanery)))

Earbuds never were this flawless in implementation when holding a connection to two physically separate devices, as well as the size of the buds and charging case were never able to be this small before. See other true wireless earbuds from other companies coming out to this day, they are all larger and have the same or worse battery life.

Bluetooth headphones theoretically could have existed twenty years ago but they didn't because there was little or no demand for it + Bluetooth latency sucked ass and audio over Bluetooth was a nightmare. Apple is pushing hard to remove the charging port on phones and go completely wireless because phones need MOAR THINNER and a headphone jack/Lightning port (soon to be USB-C port or else they can't do business in the EU) is immediate bulk added.

Airpods did, tangibly, make wireless earbuds a viable idea. Think of all the wireless headphones you saw before 2016 and all of the wireless headphones you see now.

my airpods gen2 drop the connection sometimes or only one of them pairs up to the phone
better than chinkshit but still

The whole point of buying Apple is that it costs more.

>Why did apple suddenly decide to hype up bluetooth headphones?
Maximum profit while cutting down on resource quantity(no wire) and price. Also when the batteries die you have to buy new ones.

Because the people who worship Apple as a house of God don't buy electronics made by other companies.

I bought a pair of Sony XM5's a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with them. They're wireless and sound plenty good enough for me. The battery life is great and even if they die, there's a headphone jack on them that bypasses the electronics completely... But the noise cancelling is actually fucking amazing, so I'm gonna keep them charged. I've never used any other noise cancelling headphones (had a pair of M50's for like a decade before they broke), so I dunno if other manufacturers have as good noise cancelling, but goddamn I hope it becomes a standard feature.

And at the point that you have a battery and sound processing hardware in the headphones, you might as well make them wireless. So I really don't care about phones without headphone jacks anymore, desu. If you had asked me before my M50's broke, I'd have a different opinion, but not now.

Airpods are a really well done package of a variety of shit that already existed.

Good bluetooth connectivity (in ecosystem)
Wireless charging
Neat automatic pairing/power/media-pause features when removed from ear, placed in case, or when case is opened
Spatial audio
Excellent noise cancellation
Very comfy (for earbuds)

They are extremely convenient earphones for media consumption, if you have apple tv/pc/iphone. Biggest con is these tiny expensive things are super easy to lose

if your gonna use bt earbuds just get the fucking wf 1000xm4s

>go completely wireless because phones need MOAR THINNER and a headphone jack/Lightning port (soon to be USB-C port or else they can't do business in the EU) is immediate bulk added
I can almost guarantee their first fully wireless phone won't be any thinner. After all the shilling about how headphone jacks were holding back thinness, the iPhone 7 was actually a shade thicker than the 6. It was just a ploy to sell more AirPods all along, and this will just be a ploy to sell wireless chargers.

>it's smaller though

All these two posts tell me is "Omg they're so small and cute! I must own some for this reason.", all for that just for them to fall out of your ear on a daily basis.

>the only positive to something being small is being "cute"
Dumbass retard doesn't get that people just want to put the case in that tiny pocket of their jeans.

>How are they able to get away with charging a premium for their set?
Retards eat it up because the marketing is excellent. It's how Apple has operated for decades at this point.

Attached: ms vs apple.jpg (724x432, 59.73K)

Well when you've walked in with your mind already made up on a preconceived notion of How Bluetooth Earbuds Are, yeah I can see how you'd arrive at that conclusion. Fortunately nobody else in the thread lives in a bizarrely insular version of the year 1965 where people are afraid of small electronics and think they're witchcraft.

Apple just takes concepts that already existed and makes them good, usually for the first time because everyone else made them shit.
>mp3 playes
Shit before Apple made them
>tablets
>smartphones
>wireless in-ears
>laptops
Yeah, you guessed it, your fucking laptop still resembles the PowerBook100, Apple made your laptop what it is today.

Attached: 800px-Powerbook_100_pose.jpg (800x740, 68.86K)

WindowsXP tablets were such collosal piles of dogshit.
The iPad truly was the first useable tablet device with a sane form factor that wouldn't burn off your fingers.

>why is apple pretending they're new tech?
Because that's what Apple does, over and over. It's how they've marketed stuff for decades. Idiots believe them and think they're sending their bank accounts to the promised land.