Cinnamon

This is a legitimate question but out of all 'minor' DEs Cinnamon is the one that gets the most development, they are all the same thing, Mate, Budgie, XFCE and Cinnamon, so why not Deprecate the lesser in favor of Cinnamon?

Attached: file.png (474x474, 137.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

omgubuntu.co.uk/2021/08/mate-desktop-1-26-new-features
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just because you think Cinnamon is the best DE out of these 4, doesn't mean everyone else thinks so too. That's why multiple DEs exist in the first place.

cinnamon is also the shittiest one

Cinnamon is actually the bluntest of them. XFCE is the most tradchad, MATE is the most Stacy, and bungie is the New Kid on the Block. Cinnamon is just Steve from Home Ec class.

If Plasma had sane defaults, it would replace all other desktop environments.

How much more sane do they have to be than a simple bottom panel?

>If Plasma had sane stability
Ftfy

Terrible theme inconsistency. Discover is hot trash (maybe not anymore). No first party choice for dock users.

I once tried to configure window manager rules on Plasma and had aneurysm, then it was shortcuts, everything I wanted to change was already taken and conflicted with something else so I gave up and reset to defaults... EXCEPT IT DIDN'T! TROLL! then god forbid I tried to center my task items using spacers in the panel... oh my mistake, it glitched the shit out of my desktop, then I gave up. I had easier time using autistic tinkers window managers, I will just stick with GTK DEs thank you, Krita is good tho.

Whats the inconsistency? Have you ever used kde?

Pure autism.

Indeed, to use KDE you have to be autistic.

e.g. menu transparency, the clock, browsers not getting theme though not their fault

I once installed KDE to try it out, and my sound stopped working. I then uninstalled KDE, and my sound still didnt work.

so, fuck KDE

In my opinion, Cinnamon occupies a really nice middle ground between the major DEs and the minor ones. It feels relatively modern (unlike XFCE, Mate, etc., which all feel a little too basic), but is very stable, polished, sane, and largely unchanging (unlike GNOME and KDE). And, as you noted, it receives a decent amount of development, unlike shit like Budgie or Pantheon which are developed by a handful of trannies. I don't know why it attracts such a weird amount of seethe, it's one of the most inoffensive DEs there is. It's boring as fuck and that's a good thing.

Honestly i think that eventually MATE and XFCE will have to join efforts in a single project. That or get superseeded by LXQt. Because globohomo package managers want Wayland, and i don't know if they can implement each one separately.
More than defaults, bugs. Plasma is full of little bugs here and there that hinder the experience as a whole.

MATE received initial wayland support year ago
omgubuntu.co.uk/2021/08/mate-desktop-1-26-new-features

XFCE is the one behind... and seeing how things... yeah

Sad for rat DE. It doesn't have to be a bad thing though, there's not a lot that one need to make MATE feel like XFCE. I like more the XFCE app launcher, panel widgets and mousepad, but isn't the end of the world.

Attached: 1657211530499.jpg (844x679, 73.81K)

I tried two LXQT distros and neither would lock the screen for closing a laptop lid.

I personally find Xfce's panel, menu, sound controls, and file manager superior compared to what Cinnamon offers. So I personally wouldn't deprecate those in favor of Cinnamon's alternatives.
But yes, all 4 projects are kinda shit and development is too slow. They literally can't compete with KDE or even GNOME. They should definitely unite especially considering they're all gtk projects and GNOME knockoffs.

Cinammon is GNOME with dash to panel and desktop icons, all of minor DE based in GNOME are garbage, just use GNOME.

*updates*
>everything breaks
inb4
>don't update
or I could use Cinnamon.
Now keep using GNOME and shut up cuck.