Roombas / robot vacuums

What’s the sweet spot price point? I have timber floors throughout 120sqm/1290sqft, single floor.
Price in picrel is AUD so in USD=$1151
It’s fairly new tech so I’m sure they fuck up a lot. What are the pitfalls?

Attached: A623E503-A380-47E0-B4C6-DDB9CE13F834.jpg (828x1429, 437.52K)

tech needs five more years at least
also roborock is chink shit that photographs and maps the inside of your house with its camera and lidar.

Do they fuck up your skirting boards?
Do they need to be emptied every half day?
Can they deal with random obstacles like dog toys left around?
Are they annoying in operation?
Are they loud?
Do they clean tight corners?

The iRobot brand base stations look like toilet cisterns. I really don’t want a robot toilet sitting in the corner of my living room.
At least roborock stole the design sensibilities of the duson

>photographs and maps the inside of your house with its camera and lidar.
Don't they all need this sort of feature to work well?

Roomber i3/i4 with the self empty bin can be had for under $400 at places like Costco and Sam's Club, and it's damn near perfect at what it does
It recently got an update so it can actually make smart maps now

>cleans in neat rows instead of randomly bouncing everywhere
>empties itself
>charges itself and resumes from where it left off
>can make maps so you can tell it to clean specific rooms
>not chink shit so it'll be supported for a very long time
>special rubber rollers that clean better than anything else in the market and never get tangled with hair

Attached: 1653923622838.png (1000x1000, 451.92K)

No, this thing maps with gyro and a floor sensor, no cameras or lidar needed

Attached: Screenshot_20220707-112257_iRobot.jpg (1080x2400, 747.89K)

I have an ancient Roomba 840? I think
He's a trooper, nearly 10 years old and still going

Is it true roborock is a chinese owned botnet company?
Because Vacuum Wars says they're really goods

>chink shit
you mean designed in china, right?
where are the superior german/japanese engineered and fabricated roombas that come into the toilet and spray your asshole with non fluoridated water, etc etc.

Ok it self empties into the cistern-like receptacle. Do you need to set cleaning times or does it have a smart schedule system?

It has smart scheduling and you can set it to run when you leave home, but I just set it to run every other day at 3am

These things are still stupid as fuck and you need to arrange your apartment accordingly. One loose cable or higher carpet and they get stuck or spend all their battery trying to overcome the obstacle.

>toilet cisterns
You seem obsessed with toilets, are they some new fangled tech in your part of the world?

I'm not a woman wish nasty shag carpets who leaves random shit lying around everywhere, so I never had problems

Then you can easily vaccum it yourself in 10 minutes

My house is 5500 sq feet, I'd rather let the machine do it's thing. It effectively dusts the floors daily

No. If you read the OP, I live in Australia.
I don’t want my living room looking like some gnome-like cyberpunk dystopia.

Femoid problems

No you fuck. When I design my new home, I will have an actuated flap with RFID and motion sensors within the kitchen cabinetry to discretely hide this fucking thing.

>1600 dollarydoos for a vacuum cleaner

You’re exactly correct. But I live next to the ocean and a main road adjacent and have to vacuum twice a week. Without the base station ($$$) it’s not bad, but they hold fuck all. I’m not cleaning my robots arse every day. I already have a dog.

Retard bro a brand name robot vacuum like a Roomba is a status symbol now days. Same reason why people are hanging those Dyson vacuums on their walls