TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS A MONAD

TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS A MONAD
DONT SAY IT'S A BURRITO OR A WRAPPER OR SOME MATHEMATICAL GIBBERISH

Attached: 1622908686013.png (1761x1197, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xp4B89l9jak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Monad deez nuts

A monoid in the category of endofunctors.

I FUCKING HATE YOU
KYS

Monad is the singularity. The alpha to the omega. The beginning of the end.

A set with an identity element and an associative binary operation. Take integers, for example. An associative binary operation is just combining two elements to map to another element in that same set. Multiplication for ints works: 2 x 3 = 6. Associative just means you can group elements however you want. The identity element in this case would be 1. For addition it would be 0.

Attached: 1640963599455.jpg (622x618, 55.91K)

A monad is side effects pretending not to be, Ophelia.

Explicit side effects are just effects.

youtu.be/xp4B89l9jak

>Women are women
bigot

A monad is like a purrito

Attached: purrito.png (700x700, 449.88K)

A male gonad, like the ones on your chin.

This, and it's based.

You know how in OOP your method can return this so you can chain calls? Yeah, that's a monad.

return this
I hate the antichrist

Monad is the one true God that precedes every concept of god in all society, religion and even residing in philosophy. It is what exists when there is void, it is what is shown when there is existence. The mere concept of energy, space and time is simply the stage of which the monad shall execute its play without regards to the consequence it may bring in the end. Of all human history, it is the mastermind behind every events because it wants entertainment for the price of giving existence to lowly forms.

While many religion tries to define an interactive God, such definition is futile since that which is high and holy does not give time to beings that are lowly in the hiearchy of existing beings. The monad is simply the true alpha and omega not christ.

crypto currency? I don't know sounds like crypto

The true God. The power of the monad compels the archons, and by the power of the monad, the Demiurge will be destroyed

idk but maybe autism kid can explain
Another approach to error handling that I tend to like is that of Monadic Types. The Either Monad is an algebraic data type of the form Either, where T can represent an error type, and U can represent a failure type. Using Monadic Types hearkens to functional programming, and a major benefit is that errors become type-safe - a normal function signature doesn’t tell the API caller anything about what errors that function might throw. Suppose we throw a NotFound error from inside queryUser. A signature of queryUser(userID: string): Promise doesn’t tell us anything about that. But, a signature like queryUser(userID: string): Promise absolutely does. I won’t explain how monads like the Either Monad work in this article because they can be quite complex, and there are a variety of methods they must have to be considered monadic, such as mapping/binding. If you’d like to learn more about them, I’d recommend two of Scott Wlaschin’s NDC talks, here and here, as well as Daniel Chamber’s talk here. This site as well these blog posts may be useful too.

A nomad is a person who roams around instead of living in a single location.

Attached: 1643221332227.png (360x360, 168.26K)

Haskell cope that allows them to handle I/O while still claiming to be a purely functional language.

A monad takes any type and generates a new type that is the same thing adds an additional "computational context", depending on the monad that context might represent things like failure (with Maybe a), chaos (with lists [a]), IO access/impurity, local state, etc. In order to achieve that, each monad defines a different "bind" operation that allows you to combine two of them into one

Just try to use them in Haskell and eventually it'll feel intuitive

*but adds