/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Comfy Edition

Users of all levels are welcome.
Share Windows tools, utilities, tips & tricks.
Reminder: Notice the friendly - please be civil.

>Installation for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>Where do I get Office?
>Can I change edition post-install?
Read the paste: rentry.org/fwt
>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.
>Should I debloat?
Only if you understand everything that you're going to be intentionally breaking.
If something doesn't work later, you probably broke it with some debloat memescript.
>How do I activate Windows?
github.com/luzeadev/winactivate
HWID mimics OEM activation to generate a permanent legitimate license.
(Does not work on VL editions, avoid VL editions unless you enjoy having to deal with KMS breaking and Windows unactivating)
>How do I activate Office?
rentry.org/fwt#kms_vl_all-by-abbodi1406
Installs a tiny KMS server emulator on your PC for activation. Not ideal as it trips AV sometimes and deactivates, but it's the only choice for Office. Alternatively, try Open/Libre Office and set it to save as Office file formats only.

>>Which version should I get?
>Home/Pro
Comes preinstalled with bloatware apps like games, music, news, weather, etc.
>Education/Workstation/Enterprise
Comes with basic system apps.
>LTSC/IoT LTSC
Comes with Win32 system apps, no MS Store.
Search LTSC-Add-MicrosoftStore if you need it.
There are no compatibility differences between versions, all programs/drivers will work on all versions of Windows.

>LTSC or IoT LTSC?
LTSC meant for corporate PCs with 5 years security updates (KMS only).
IoT LTSC meant for retail/medical/etc PCs with 10 years security updates (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
W10 Home/Pro/Edu/WS/Ent editions are all EoL in 10/2025 (2027 for LTSC) whereas IoT LTSC will be supported until 2032.

>Is Windows 11 good?
>Should I upgrade?
Not yet.

>B-b-b-but muh Windows 7!
OpenShell or StartIsBack

Previous thread:

Attached: 1645889148809.jpg (1920x1080, 344.35K)

nakadashi, marry (and nakadashi), feed (and nakadashi)

based
seething vegan incel

have sex

this is what inceldom does to a nigger

Attached: 1645385694994.png (600x1000, 461.65K)

kek

nakadashi aoi-chan
feed nadeshiko-chan

I want to leave some windows machine over my parents house to use as a seedbox/offsite backups and maybe host some stuff, what is the best and safest way for me to connect to that machine from home and use it remotely for the stuff I need to do?
Power might go off sometimes and the IP is dynamic, I can set bios to power up whenever power comes back, most likely but I would be unable to encrypt the drive this way since I could not login on windows physically
Sum ideas?

Attached: 1631783305249.webm (1280x720, 1.64M)

teamviewer

puh
1. don't use windows
2. get the machine to email you its ip
3. encrypt the disk, google dropbear remote luks for a start on unlocking it over the internet

>what is the best and safest way for me to connect to that machine from home and use it remotely for the stuff I need to do?
Remote Desktop is fine. Port forward it to the seedbox. How often does your IP change? If you're static, firewall all access to RD port.
>Power might go off sometimes and the IP is dynamic
Dynamic DNS service.
>but I would be unable to encrypt the drive this way since I could not login on windows physically
Huh? Bitlocker decryption happens at boot, not at logon.

>don't use windows
Need to
>get the machine to email you its ip
How

>teamviewer
No way fag

works on my machine

BTFO

Attached: 1638215115506.gif (500x491, 354.95K)

inb4 all these are deleted

This links is illegal

Is update for business easy to set?

Attached: 20220522_023134.png (633x594, 412.04K)

What's a good program on Windows for editing a PDF made of dual-page spreads and splitting them into single pages?
Bonus points if it can do the whole PDF at once so I don't have to manually set the middle line for each page

(Replying to myself, in case someone ever searches these threads)
PDFArranger can do it, and it does it well.
Now I just need to find a program to set page numbers and add bookmarks (that isn't Foxit, I'd prefer something FOSS if possible)

Linux pop os friend here, I kinda miss playing all of my games, is there an actual way of making WIndows private? Is Privatezilla legit?

Attached: 4J199njpeg.jpg (323x454, 25.62K)

So, I got everything working and connected remotely using RDC
Now, how the fuck do I backup stuff there?
I don't seem to be able to send any files to that machine or acces the drives in a way I can sync them for backup

Attached: 1631018110617.jpg (3402x4583, 1.72M)

Check the "drive redirection" options in the Remote Desktop client.

Upon reboot the RAM usage is about 3GB, is it possible to debloat this to say 2GB?