Ultimate Windows XP PC

Let's see if I've got this right:

>i7-3770k(Ivy Bridge CPUs were the last ones to fully support XP)
>GTX 285(could go as far as a 780 Ti, but I heard if you go higher than the GTX 200 cards you'll start having trouble with DirectX 8 games)
>4GB RAM(nobody used 64-bit XP)
>2TB HDD

Is this accurate?

Attached: 2_windows_xp_sp3_story.jpg (640x400, 84.82K)

Dudebro, you'll (((in many cases))) have a much better compatibility by just using Proton these days.

just use Windows 8.1

while ivy bridge may work CPU wise, many motherboards are not XP friednly
actually problems already apper in Sandy Bridge boards

it is safe to say that 1st gen Intel i7 is XP proof but not sure if these are the ultimate in CPU tech otherwise, maybe some AMD models are better?

or just go Core2Duo/Quad, they all work and they are fine for XP usage

You got 4GB RAM and 2TB HDD right and about GPU, I think you shoud stop at Nvidia 8000 series already if you want those directx 8 titles

with the very first series of PCI-E Radeons, you could even play directx 7 if this is interesting but I am warning you that directx 7 games may refuse to work with more than 512MB RAM they will say "out of RAM" since they calculate it incorrectly

Why are open source programmers such pussies
Why can't we just have an underground xp project now that the code has leaked

where did you read about the DX8 incompatibilities? it never gave me issues with modern cards (incl. GTA III, Quake 64, GTR2, CS:Source, FS2004)

>2TB HDD

doesn't that require GPT and does XP support GPT partition tables?

MBR supports up to 1995 gigabytes partition
Most 2TB HDDs aren't actually more than 1995 GB

So MBR will still work and no GPT is needed
XP 32 bit version did not support GPT but 64 bit does

Also, if oyu have something like 2100 gigabyte HDD, you just forget the extra 100GBs I guess

>now that the code has leaked
It has? In that case ReactOS will probably adopt a lot from it

No need to go underground. ReactOS is now able to run using Windows Server 2003's kernel.
All efforts should be spent on ReactOS and Wine.

Win xp supports PAE, why only 4gigs of ram?

Why not a VM? Do you really want an old dedicated Win XP machine? If so, why?

What about the software? Any way to browse safely?

Too many drivers took shortcuts (I seem to recall contemporary ATi and Intel video drivers were bad for it) and choked on PAE, so Microsoft disabled it for non-server editions around the XP SP1 timeframe.
AMD64 became as common as mud a few years later, so then it was a non-issue.

>It has? In that case ReactOS will probably adopt a lot from it

retard

>how to lose your project step 1
>use stolen or leaked proprietary code

There is a reason WINE has nothing to do with any Win source and figures it all out themselves.

>2TB
>1995GB
Nope. MBR is good up to 2048 binary gigabytes. Most 2TB hard disks are 1860-ish binary gigabytes.
>does XP support GPT
32-bit, not out of the box, but there are third-party drivers for it. They won't allow booting from a GPT drive, however.
64-bit bit does though, being based on Windows Server 2003, which needed it to support EFI booting.

>WINE has nothing to do with any Win source and figures it all out themselves.
Still funny, even after all these years.

Attached: 1579241656419.gif (400x225, 1.38M)

You are the one who is retarded here. A lot of react code is ALREADY a result of decompiling and reverse engineering. Now it will just be easier. Do you seriously think the devs won't even look at the code for guidance? Of course they fucking will. They are not retards that's why

Sauce? I've read through changelogs, and see absolutely nothing about this.

I've been meaning to put together an XP system, and my rule is no hardware or software after 2009.

What is the legality status of downloading code leaks for personal use?

ReactOS really is our only hope for a unix alternative that isnt windows.

Searching google shows 980 Ti modded drivers can get the card to work on Win XP, but I'm not sure if its limited to 64 bit. What directx 8 games have issues? I have a Dell motherboard from that era that supports 32GB of ram. I'd prefer using a Dell motherboard with a locked processor because there are Win XP/Win 7 x64 images floating around, you have downgrade rights with their recovery media.

what about an XP computer with parts that were released JUST before Vista? so something like
>Core 2 Quad Q6600
>8800 GTX
>2GB RAM
>500GB SATA HDD

Haven't tried it, but I saw some videos and it seems great. It adapted the old style of windows and looks nice. I actually (as a programmer) like that windows has many things out of the box, like a full UI library (you can create a whole gui application easily with win32), also gdiplus is amazing. I understand that the linux philosophy is more barebones, but imo that leads to a lot of bloat because different programs will use different libraries for same functionality, making the user install many libraries with the same effect. IMO it's better to provide more functionality out of the box. Same reason why I prefer languages with large standard libraries.
So I hope that react follows that model and implements much functionality out of the box. Also the fact that UI is in the kernel domain would make it faster than X server, so that is another benefit of the NT architecture.

why would anyone want this

haiku is 150x more usable than reactOS, and i've seen wine running on it. reactOS is a joke. they should just make it for open source ARM and RISC-V devices and let people create a new ecosystem for it, because expecting windows binary compatibility after nearly 30 years of development is pretty optimistic

im going to use it to say the n word online

Attached: 1656941566602.gif (200x219, 154.76K)